Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 6th, 2024, 10:27pm

Balance: £6.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« this makes me very angry »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Off Topic Subjects
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   this makes me very angry
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: this makes me very angry  (Read 2935 times)
Tons_of_fun

Mmmm...Xena !

View Profile

Re: this makes me very angry
« Reply #20 on: Jan 22nd, 2008, 2:21pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Couldnt agree more Highlander.VIVA LE REVOLUTION  Grin Grin
IP Logged

Lord...Sometimes im not that bright
Al_Sithi

'92 Rover 218 SLD

View Profile Email

« Reply #21 on: Jan 22nd, 2008, 7:47pm »

I've just read through the manifesto and it is very impressive.

Of course it might be bad news for me as I'm a British ex-pat living in Spain....mind you, a lot of the ideas in the BNP document are the norm here!  

IP Logged
taliban aka Cheekyboy2

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #22 on: Jan 22nd, 2008, 11:05pm »

sigh, i read the first page; economy, i quickly realised that if the bnp get in we wont have one.
i flicked through once; the prison bit was interesting and its something i always have a problem with; punish yes, of course, but you also need to rehabilitate, the bnp doesnt include this, but i agree with the chain gang idea. on a small technical note if a prisoner works they have to be paid even if its only a fiver a week, if not you've re introduced slavery.
the death penalty, 99% of the time im against it for a multitude of reasons which i wont go into as it would take faaaaaaar to long, the 1% i reserve for people like stalin, bin laden, ex wife.....
IP Logged

pete from Hull

Non Scorpio at the moment, but still interested...

View Profile Email

« Reply #23 on: Jan 23rd, 2008, 7:16am »

I read through the summary manifesto too, not being politically swayed either way I am of the opinion that some points are and would be good to adopt as a nation and some would probably cause more problems then what they'd solve.  

I liken it to going into a restaraunt, you read the niceley presented menu which on paper, all looks very good, however you wouldn't select everything, only what you fancied at the time and which YOU thought was the best (you could be wrong) you order your meal (Vote) then the chefs take over and you're commited, the chef has FULL control over what is delivered.
Yes! when it arrives you have the chance to examine it, if there is anything found wrong you can complain (then the friction is introduced) you may be able to opt out but you would still have to proove the fault. (this could lead to a political war)   You can see what I am getting at can't you? the state of things has got that bad that it would be VERY hard to find a suitable resolve, especially with the vast numbers of issues to be tackled..... I don't know what the answer is... I don't think anyone does.
 Undecided

I'll stop waffling now....
Pete
IP Logged

Bring back fair wages.........
taliban aka Cheekyboy2

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #24 on: Jan 23rd, 2008, 11:29pm »

the problem is its a manifesto and not real life and as such can look good on glossy paper, hell, even a labour manifesto could look good depending on presentation, you generally find that when you go through them properly they have more floors (flaws) than the empire state building. my dad is well in favour of ukip (i can only think that its an old age thing), my brother and me always have a laugh with him about it, a few years back on the xmas visit he handed us a 5 page print from ukip with the usual added comments of there you go its all in there, the truth etc etc. i have to say it was very well laid out, reasonably attention grabbing without being 'news of the world' cheap, in fact it was very well worded, but unfortuneately that was the problem, it was just words duping people, out of 5 pages one small paragraph was actual fact.....
IP Logged

Highlander
Expert

13 Scorpios, XR4x4, Suzuki SJ413 for off road :)

View Profile Email

« Reply #25 on: Jan 23rd, 2008, 11:32pm »

on Jan 22nd, 2008, 11:05pm, taliban aka Cheekyboy2 wrote:
on a small technical note if a prisoner works they have to be paid even if its only a fiver a week, if not you've re introduced slavery

If they are in jail they deserve nothing!  
In my world if you were in jail you wouldnt even get to see the telly and you would certainly think twice the next time you thought about breaking the law.

How many crimes would be prevented if people knew they were going to get absolutely no home comforts for a few years Wink

IP Logged

on Oct 17th, 2011, 12:35pm, Simmo wrote:
I give up ! Roll Eyes Too much for an old boy!  Huh

gozz

Been around awhile

View Profile Email

« Reply #26 on: Jan 23rd, 2008, 11:40pm »

HIGHLANDER FOR P.M.
   And me a Sassenach anall !
IP Logged
taliban aka Cheekyboy2

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #27 on: Jan 24th, 2008, 12:45am »

the problem is highlander that probably none would be prevented; society's that have used that approach (including ours in days gone by) are no better off, the prisons were always full, offenders re offended etc etc. i agree that prisons should be a punishment but i really dont have an answer, if you just punish, prisoners will just use their time to learn how to offend without getting caught, if you teach them better ways with plenty of rehab it seems to only work with a percentage, so god only knows.
back to your comment about them deserving nothing if they're working then they do deserve a payment even if its a pittance, i mentioned its a technical point, but its also important constitutionally not to advocate slavery.
IP Logged

Highlander
Expert

View Profile Email

« Reply #28 on: Jan 24th, 2008, 1:10am »

Dont agree, its not slavery its prison and they dont DERSERVE anything.
we seem to spend more and more time and money trying to bend over backwards and help people who will never help themselves..

My jails wouldnt be full at all, the death penalty would cure that Smiley
IP Logged

Highlander
Expert

View Profile Email

« Reply #29 on: Jan 24th, 2008, 1:22am »

This is my kind of Jail  Grin

Love the cable channels and the pink underwear lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Arpaio
IP Logged

TiberiuS

Ex. 1996 2.3 Ultima - RIP P789 KHJ

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #30 on: Jan 24th, 2008, 2:04am »

I agree with Tali here. Look at the one country which still has the death penalty and still has a harsh judicial system in comparison with ours, the US. Then take a look at their crime rate. With the US you're talking about a society which is ruled on a daily basis by fear, just like in the dark ages we used to be ruled by fear of religion and the existance of something which nobody could, or was allowed to, for fear of being sentenced to death for blasphemy, disprove..

It's like when guns were outlawed as a kneejerk reaction after Dunblane, what happened? I agree that prison should be a punishment, the insurgance of political correctness in this country over the past decade has done a lot of damage to society which wouldn't be easily reversed and I don't think many sane people would dispute that. But chucking every crook into hard labour wouldn't do anything to solve the underlying issues, even if it made the average Joe on the street feel better in the short term Undecided

There's a lot wrong with society and nobody really has a clue how to sort it Undecided
IP Logged

Bruce - '07 Jaguar XKR coupe, '95 Jaguar XJ Sport 4.0, '82 Ford Capri 2.0 Ghia, '15 Honda Civic (sloooooww..)
Highlander
Expert

View Profile Email

« Reply #31 on: Jan 24th, 2008, 3:25am »

It would make me happy yes and i wouldnt give them all hard labour, just make them work.  
A good lot of them would go down a big hole  in the ground, there would be no paedophiles or murderers in there

In MY manifesto I would also put  gun turrets on fire engines with permission to open fire in self defense..

Same in hospitals, police stations, where people now think its ok to attack the staff.

And!! any damages or costs incurred by people committing crimes would be paid for by the criminal or his family!

None of this stuff you see on Road Wars when they chase people for miles and wreck half a dozen police cars with a helicopter in attendance then get 100 hours community service!! If you run and cause the damage and you or your family can pay anything towards it then you will. Any shortfall would be made up by time served Wink

IP Logged

pete from Hull

Non Scorpio at the moment, but still interested...

View Profile Email

« Reply #32 on: Jan 24th, 2008, 6:56am »

on Jan 24th, 2008, 2:04am, TiberiuS wrote:

There's a lot wrong with society and nobody really has a clue how to sort it Undecided

It's a DOWNWARD spiral, when it reaches the bottom there is a shock waiting and no one can stop it..... Lips Sealed

Anyone can have a go a proving this wrong but as David Frost used to say "The evidence is there, lets go through the keyhole"  Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Bring back fair wages.........
big_neil

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

« Reply #33 on: Jan 24th, 2008, 9:21am »

my god!! what did i stir up when i started a nice little thread about lottery funding,great reading lads ,keep it going. (by the way highlander , when you come down sarf have you noticed it,s a luvverly place?and i mean past carlisle)

regards ,,,big neil
IP Logged
Highlander
Expert

View Profile Email

« Reply #34 on: Jan 24th, 2008, 5:42pm »

Some bits are yes Smiley

(i'm sitting in the car in Liverpool typing this) Wink
IP Logged

pistonbroke

Email

« Reply #35 on: Jan 24th, 2008, 9:18pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

This is a really good thread IMHO Grin

I will confess to having voted twice in general elections Embarassed

The first time was on principle because I believed that it would make things better Roll Eyes

The second time, I just voted for everybody because I had realised that they were all self-serving, nest-feathering t*ssers and it wouldn't really make a blind bit of difference  Grin

I will never, ever, vote for anyone who *wants* to be elected.  

Is there a better system? If there is, I don't know what it could be. Maybe we just need to get back to things like "principles" and "values" (not that I'd trust anyone who said that). The reality is it's about positioning yourself for easy money when you get found out - like Bliar and his job for J.P.Morgan Wink

"Cynical" Dave Smiley
IP Logged
taliban aka Cheekyboy2

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #36 on: Jan 24th, 2008, 11:16pm »

just a query highlander; do you per chance have a small black moustache?
was just a thought  Grin
IP Logged

taliban aka Cheekyboy2

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #37 on: Jan 24th, 2008, 11:18pm »

thats it!!!!!! sling highlander in jail.....hard labour et al.......in charge of a vehicle while using a laptop...... Grin
IP Logged

Jonnycab

Former owner of 2.3 Ultima Facelift saloon

View Profile

« Reply #38 on: Jan 25th, 2008, 4:26pm »

I can't believe I've read this whole post & not got involved at all  Huh.....

It's very unlike me not to at least write something a little self opinionated & controversial  Roll Eyes

Maybe that recent (3 week) bout of flu (shaking, temp 104, delerious, speaking in tongues etc), swiftly followed by a generous dose of the winter vomiting virus (cleans you out good & proper.....nice  Embarassed), may have affected me more than I thought  Undecided

So if I haven't offended anyone, then I do apologize & hopefully I'll be back to normal again soon  Smiley

......Just off to make those nice jehovahs witnesses a cup of tea & then flick through a few back issues of watchtower..... Cheesy
IP Logged
big_neil

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

« Reply #39 on: Jan 25th, 2008, 9:16pm »

stuart , that means you pass carlisle going home , we must meet for a cup one day,
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.