Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 8th, 2024, 12:18am

Balance: £11.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« help or addvice please »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Off Topic Subjects
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   help or addvice please
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: help or addvice please  (Read 579 times)
shaun

shaun

View Profile Email

help or addvice please
« on: Feb 14th, 2008, 7:58pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on christmass day some one crashed in to the wifes car ,all ok ,, the only damage was the wing and a scrach on the bumper ,the wifes car went into repair ,when it came back it was 2 difrant colours ,i dont mean age of paint, im mean light silver and dark silver, the bloke who droped it off new the wife was home alone ,took the mick ,i came home just in time to see the look on her face,she was ,mm,mad to say the least, i told i was two colours he asid its the way the light is ,so i told him to turn it round ,still the same,he said ,i see now i will take it back and paint the side in for you,it came back againe in the rain,when it stoped raining we lathered it off wow its now 3 difrant colours ,thay had painted both wings and the bumper all diffant shades of sliver, the car looks like it has had a frunt end now the bonnit is a diffrant shade to the wings ,the wings look darker than the doors ,the wheel had to be changed too as it was hit ,bit the tyer had a rip in it and thay still sent it back for my wife to drive with my kids in ,,,NO WAY,, i had anouther inspecter out last sat, and gave him a list of things that was wrong ,i had a call to day to say thay want to take the car away to fit a new tyer ,i said what about the rest of the car ,he said well ,it dont say anthing on the report i have,you will have to speek to the manager ,and ive herd nouthing, ive phoned 4 times and nouthing,i also asked for the report on the tracking ,no reply ,i drove the car pulls to the left now ,and the car shakes at 45mph,im getting nowere with the insurance or the garage, the insurance picked the garage ,we had no say ,im stuck with a car that looks crap ,the wife hates it ,i need help or addvice asap please,,,,
IP Logged

[IMG]http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc140/shau
Geoff_W

98 Ulti2.5tdi Auto

View Profile

Re: help or addvice please
« Reply #1 on: Feb 14th, 2008, 8:11pm »

Guessing here, if they used the right colour topcoat they probably used the wrong colour primer (whatever they had in the gun at the time).

Tell the insurance company you want their assessor to come and look at it as you believe the work is substandard. If that does not work you need to put a letter in to their head office telling them that you hold them liable for rectifying the substandard work that they commissioned and get a quote and send it to them.

You say the only damage was wing and bumper, you sure that the impact did not damage the wheel or knock the steering out of alignment? Did the insurance company get that checked?

Good luck
IP Logged

The winding road goes on and on... or at least it does in Northumberland
shaun

shaun

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Feb 14th, 2008, 8:28pm »

sory the inspecter put down on the sheet that the wheel was butteled ,thay have changed the wheel ,but put the old tyer back on ,a week b4 xmass the wife had new discs pads and the tracking done the car was fully checked by the garage ,where she had the brakes done cus thay no her she is very fussy when it comes to tyers and stering so my m8 allways pays a lot attenshion to her car as he nows my kids go in it ,b4 crash ok, since the crash ,then repair drives like a cat d and looks like aback street boj job at som doggy gaser not some one who has a full page in the yellow pages,thay also used half of tank of fule  ,so joy riders too,,,, Shockedthe car is only 7years old ford puma ,that duse 38 to the gallon........ Undecided
IP Logged

Geoff_W

98 Ulti2.5tdi Auto

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Feb 14th, 2008, 8:51pm »

Shaun

Well others may have additional thoughts but it starts to look like there may be some sort of steering geometry problem.  

You could do with getting your mate to have a look at the tracking, if it is out tell the insurance company that you want the car checking out on a jig.

Was your wife driving the car when the crash happened or was the car stationary?  

Needs a hell of an impact to buckle a wheel.

Don't want to get dramatic may be simple, but if it is not a simple paint, balancing and tracking job this is going to get expensive.  

If the insurance company is not up for fixing the problem tell them you want details of their insurance ombudsman complaints scheme. Tell them that you also reserve the right to get the vehicle fixed and take them and their repairer to the small claims court to recover your costs.  

Start keeping receipts for any costs that you have to meet..

Geoff

IP Logged

The winding road goes on and on... or at least it does in Northumberland
shaun

shaun

View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: Feb 14th, 2008, 9:25pm »

thanks v much great help  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy,she want it sorting out and move on as i got her a 1998 cozzy to make her feel better,lol Tongue
just like the one on ad of the brit awards looks just like me driving it but the number plate keeps changing every time its on tv lol
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.