Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 20th, 2024, 6:20pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Reflecting »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Off Topic Subjects
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Reflecting
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Reflecting  (Read 577 times)
DezertBLU

I'm a newbie!

View Profile WWW Email

Reflecting
« on: May 3rd, 2008, 12:50am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I was just reflecting on the fact that I seriously want to take my English driving test in our scorpio, it for some reason has meant so much to me...then it has just come to me, when I was 16 in America taking my test for the first time ever, the only car on the lot I could afford to buy to learn in was a huge Ford Grenada, I learned in it and passed my test first time in it..I spent 5 years with that car, and it taught me many things, I learned how to change a water pump in it, learned what a celinoid was, and even learned things like replacing a gas tank and rebuilding a transmition..yes my Grenada was a piece of complete junk..but I loved it....and it loved me, because when our town had the terrible floods and i had to get to my child for her safety..my Ford grenada was the ONLY car that actually made it accross a junction so flooded the water was to my windows.When others saw my car make it they got full of themselves and tried, and failed...sorry folks I think I now know why it's this Scorpio I have to take my test in.....it's the English Cousin to my American Grenada. Maybe one day it will get over the moodiness it's having with us...it's locked it self up tighter than fort knox and wont budge an inch for us.....but then what else would you expect from a woman!
IP Logged

"I'm Just A girl , In A Sea Of Many"
Snoopy
Administrator

Very old.BAD tempered and missing friends.

View Profile Email

Re: Reflecting
« Reply #1 on: May 3rd, 2008, 8:07am »

Are you saying you are locked out of it ?

IP Logged

HELP the FORUM.Please DONATE
TiberiuS

Ex. 1996 2.3 Ultima - RIP P789 KHJ

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: May 3rd, 2008, 10:54am »

on May 3rd, 2008, 8:07am, Snoopy wrote:
Are you saying you are locked out of it ?

lol Dave, I think it's a kind of philosophical post Smiley

I learned to drive (not long ago Grin) in a 3 pot Corsa, how nice it was when my instructor switched schools and we got a nice new Focus 1.6 for the last few lessons.

Back in the day (looong before I was around Grin) my father bought a Cortina 1600 Mk1, used to take it out of an evening to learn how to drive before he'd even booked lessons Shocked. I guess you could get away with more in those days, as long as you behaved you'd likely be left alone. He did about 6 lessons and passed first time in that car.

I think it was that car he sold for another Tina (the Lotus I think) and he was gutted when he saw it about 6 months later and it was a wreck, that car was his pride and joy while he owned it..

Would've done my test in my Uncle's Mondeo but the insurance for it for new driver at 18 Lips Sealed

Regards, Bruce Smiley
IP Logged

Bruce - '07 Jaguar XKR coupe, '95 Jaguar XJ Sport 4.0, '82 Ford Capri 2.0 Ghia, '15 Honda Civic (sloooooww..)
DezertBLU

I'm a newbie!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: May 3rd, 2008, 12:50pm »

I simply was thinking to myself lastnight is all, couldn't figure out why I was so attached to this car we have..it's not like its a corvette or lotus...it's a ford scorpio, petrol eating huge road hog of a car...but I love it and wont part with it until it's ready for that big junk yard in the sky.
IP Logged

gozz

Been around awhile

View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: May 3rd, 2008, 10:03pm »

DezertBLU.
As you will by now have realised,the Scorpio is a clever car with a mind of it's own.
All yours is trying to do is to prevent you from driving it through water up to it's windows !
       GOZZ(antediluvian)
IP Logged
DezertBLU

I'm a newbie!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: May 3rd, 2008, 10:09pm »

LOL probably so, though I suspect it's mood swings are more likely down to the fact that hubby mentioned getting another car, therefore making the scorp a bit upset he even had the thought, especially mentioning the idea whilst driving her.LOL ...Me I woulda never taken on the water crossing in my Grenada, save the fact my baby was in a trailor home which was in the path of a breaking river.....so I had no choice as a mother but to brave the water in an attempt to save the child and sitter.And hey..that silly car proved everyone wrong as it was the ONLY car to succesfully cross, and make it back over again baby and sitter safely inside.
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.