Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 20th, 2024, 4:20pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Interesting study... »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Off Topic Subjects
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Interesting study...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Interesting study...  (Read 1093 times)
pete from Hull

Non Scorpio at the moment, but still interested...

View Profile Email

Interesting study...
« on: May 13th, 2008, 7:02am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi all,

I have just driven home the two miles from my workplace, on that journey I was made aware of a sudden increase in the cases of  "Floppy Arm Syndrom".

I sense some people wondering what this is,   well next time you're out and about take note of the number of arms hanging out of car windows.    It is a condition caused by Hot Sunny Spells, so I suppose it can be directly linked to "Global Warming" (quick Gordon, slap a charge on it).  

No, seriousley is there anyone on this forum who could explain why this happens? on the aforementioned journey I counted 11 very serious cases of which 3 were also most likeley to be changeing gear, two were children and one was a dog with it's head out trying to catch passing pedestrians.

I don't think people realise, or even care that there are laws about driving or being a passenger etc, the other thing getting more and more common is seeing someone eject a lighted missile from the car window, (Fag Ends) it so happened once that someone had one come into their car which was travelling behind the culprit, it caused damage to the seat and could have caused a real tragedy.

Right.... Moan over till next time.  

Pete

This is a posting I put on the "natter page" on the Yamaha forum when the first warm sunny day occured last week.
It was very interesting to note that although there were 15 people who read the post, no one chose to comment.
You have obviousely taken the time to read the post on here so have you any thoughts, or maybe it doesn't warrent a comment.... who knows?

Pete

IP Logged

Bring back fair wages.........
Daven

I'm a cheeky Boy! (Simmos fan club)

View Profile WWW

Re: Interesting study...
« Reply #1 on: May 13th, 2008, 7:41am »

Very true - see dogs hanging out of windows too and although it looks funny it is quite stupid to let them do it (IMO)

Mind you we, in SE London, have another problem where you see poor unfortunates with a finger stuck up their nose - mainly when you happen to look in the rear view mirror at traffic lights/jams  Undecided

Dave
IP Logged
pete from Hull

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: May 13th, 2008, 8:41am »

on May 13th, 2008, 7:41am, Daven wrote:

Mind you we, in SE London, have another problem where you see poor unfortunates with a finger stuck up their nose - mainly when you happen to look in the rear view mirror at traffic lights/jams  Undecided

Dave

ROFL ROFL ROFL

The truth is that someone told them that if they can ream out and polish the air inlet ports they will get more speed out of the car.... Grin Grin

pete
IP Logged

Daven

I'm a cheeky Boy! (Simmos fan club)

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: May 13th, 2008, 11:02am »

ROFL ROFL ROFL
IP Logged
taliban aka Cheekyboy2

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: May 13th, 2008, 11:27am »

only motorcyclists know why dogs stick their heads outta windows...

as for floppy arm, whats the problem? my bus is automatic, i can steer with my knees....
IP Logged

cossie_al

Ex 24v

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: May 13th, 2008, 9:30pm »

got to admit, on a sunny day if my arm aint hanging out of the window its because I am rolling a cigarette and steering with my knees Shocked Shocked  Shocked
only joking Roll Eyes Grin
IP Logged
sab6024

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: May 13th, 2008, 10:45pm »

Whilst driving the Scorpy I have noticed that I too suffer from FAS Grin  and now suffering a severe case of TDA (Taxi Driver Arm)  so whose got a left hooker for sale to match my arms up  Roll Eyes
IP Logged
Jonnycab

Former owner of 2.3 Ultima Facelift saloon

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: May 14th, 2008, 12:37am »

Stick your left arm out the sunroof  Grin
IP Logged
taliban aka Cheekyboy2

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: May 14th, 2008, 1:11am »

whatHuhHuh you've got a scorp with a working sunroof!!!!!!
IP Logged

Jonnycab

Former owner of 2.3 Ultima Facelift saloon

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: May 14th, 2008, 1:45am »

Yea, it works just fine & is very handy in the tilt position....especially lately with all this tropical weather we've been having......

....push button to tilt sunroof, lean forward & a nice cool blast of air is deflected off the taxi roof light, through the tilted sunroof & right down your sweaty back........Ahhhhhhhh  Cheesy...... Cool

I'd use the aircon, but can't afford to at the moment with petrol being the price it is  Roll Eyes
IP Logged
TiberiuS

Ex. 1996 2.3 Ultima - RIP P789 KHJ

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: May 14th, 2008, 10:13pm »

Hi Pete.

I plead not guilty, on my lovely Jag there's a nice rubber trim on each side of the window and when the window is fully down it makes a nice sharp point which digs in your arm if you rest it anywhere near. That's apart from the handbrake they paid someone half a million quid to redesign to make it sit at a jaunty angle and stick in your leg. Not to mention the sunglasses compartment in the roof lining that's too small to hold a pair of...sunglasses Roll Eyes

They do their d**n best to make sure you don't drive around in those cars spread out like a slob, resting your limbs against bits of trim...if you do they make d**n sure it hurts Grin  

It's not so bad on an auto, I still find my left arm is on the shifter most of the time though, habit I suppose.

Regards, Bruce.
IP Logged

Bruce - '07 Jaguar XKR coupe, '95 Jaguar XJ Sport 4.0, '82 Ford Capri 2.0 Ghia, '15 Honda Civic (sloooooww..)
sab6024

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: May 15th, 2008, 9:16am »

on May 14th, 2008, 12:37am, jonnycab wrote:
Stick your left arm out the sunroof  Grin

My sunroof don't open  Embarassed May have to get someone to drive me about for a while  Wink
IP Logged
pete from Hull

View Profile Email

« Reply #12 on: Jul 9th, 2008, 7:45am »

on May 14th, 2008, 10:13pm, TiberiuS wrote:
Hi Pete.

I plead not guilty, on my lovely Jag there's a nice rubber trim on each side of the window and when the window is fully down it makes a nice sharp point which digs in your arm if you rest it anywhere near. That's apart from the handbrake they paid someone half a million quid to redesign to make it sit at a jaunty angle and stick in your leg. Not to mention the sunglasses compartment in the roof lining that's too small to hold a pair of...sunglasses Roll Eyes

Thanks for the insight into the Jag bruce... I was thinking of getting one.... well warned... Grin

Pete
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.