Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 20th, 2024, 6:25pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« New runabout »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Off Topic Subjects
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   New runabout
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: New runabout  (Read 694 times)
Tons_of_fun

Mmmm...Xena !

View Profile

New runabout
« on: May 17th, 2008, 11:16am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

As im sure most of you are aware i,ve been looking for a nice ultima since the demise of my estate  Cry.Well i,ve finally given up the ghost & brought another mk3 12 valve to keep me going while the search continues.It,s a 89 pre facelift with ALL the toys  Smiley.Full mot & a bit of tax all for the reasonable price of £400.Not exactley what i wanted but at least the wife can have her car back now (sick of the nagging).The one intresting thing i,ve found with the granny is the fuel consumption ! Where as before with the ultima i was averaging 17-19 mpg on my way to work,with this im geting a solid 24mpg.I have worked this out over the last 2 tank fulls & the computer confirms this !!! Maybe it,s because it has no cat or lambda / ? ? .Im cartainly driving it no different  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes.So anyway for now im just going to enjoy my new lease of nostalgia while the search for another ultima continues  Wink Grin
IP Logged

Lord...Sometimes im not that bright
Kjetil S

2001 BMW 520iat

View Profile

Re: New runabout
« Reply #1 on: May 17th, 2008, 2:40pm »

No cat and a overall lighter car should help with the fuel consumption  Smiley
IP Logged

http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Norway
Matt

Manual'd and a 4.0 in the making

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: May 18th, 2008, 9:44pm »

having seen the car twice now i cant help but think you've found your self a tidy bargin, ok its a bit rough now but apart from some dody paint it's a cracking motor, nice one mate! Smiley
IP Logged

FDS2000 Scans - Birmingham
Tons_of_fun

Mmmm...Xena !

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: May 19th, 2008, 8:11pm »

cheers m8.Will probably hang on to this one for a couple of months & try to build up my Ultima budget a little more  Wink.At least im mobile again  Grin Grin Grin.as good as the grannys are they still arent quite as nice as an ultima though.I do miss the total silence when on the motorway & the light steering.You never know ,the way granada prices are going at the moment i might end up actually making a bit of money  Grin Grin Grin
IP Logged

TiberiuS

Ex. 1996 2.3 Ultima - RIP P789 KHJ

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: May 19th, 2008, 8:16pm »

Aye Tonnes, got a piccy mate?

I still hanker after an old Mk3, used to be a white C reg 2.9 with the full RS bodykit in our street...always wanted one like that. And then the old Mercury Grey ones like they used to have outside the dealer in Grays Wink

Is it an auto? 3 spd or does it have overdrive?

Regards, Bruce.
IP Logged

Bruce - '07 Jaguar XKR coupe, '95 Jaguar XJ Sport 4.0, '82 Ford Capri 2.0 Ghia, '15 Honda Civic (sloooooww..)
Tons_of_fun

Mmmm...Xena !

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: May 19th, 2008, 8:27pm »

Hi bruce.As soon as the wife gives me a lesson in uploading piccys,i will be a little cheeky & post a couple of snaps  Wink.She,s a 4 spd auto. (C4 trans not adl4).In quite good nick apart from the usual arches  Roll Eyes,which as we speak (well almost) are in the process of being repaired with new panels.I,ve got LOADS of history with her & she goes supprisingly well considering it,s 19 years old  Wink.Only problem im having is decoding the ford paint code  Huh.No one seems to know what the name of my colour is  Cry Cry (See the thread in advice section).TBH it,s driving me a bit mad because it,s the only thing holding me up at the moment  Shocked.I recon another 2 weeks & it will be ready to go to a few shows  Wink.Dont you just love summer time  Grin Grin Grin
IP Logged

sab6024

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: May 20th, 2008, 1:36pm »

My dad has a 2.9 Granny Scorp which I borrow when he lets me Wink it's a lovely car to drive but I'm now on the lookout for a 2.0 Manual Ultima Saloon (never knew it would be so hard to find one Sad )
IP Logged
Tons_of_fun

Mmmm...Xena !

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: May 20th, 2008, 5:50pm »

Yes manual scorpios are a little thin on the ground,but they are out there.It,s sods law that you cant find one because you are looking for one  Roll Eyes.I bet if you were looking for a land rover there would be dozens of manual 2.0 ltr,s  Grin Grin.Keep your eyes peeled & im sure one will come along soon.......By the way,the auto,s arent as bad as you might think  Wink
IP Logged

sab6024

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: May 20th, 2008, 9:49pm »

My one I got now is a 2.0 manual but I want the Ultima version now  Wink I don't mind Autos but prefer manual for work  Roll Eyes
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.