Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 20th, 2024, 4:19pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Lower  Drink  Limit »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Off Topic Subjects
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Lower  Drink  Limit
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Lower  Drink  Limit  (Read 788 times)
mr._floppy

View Profile Email

Lower  Drink  Limit
« on: Oct 7th, 2008, 3:49pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Thankfully sense has prevailed and  the  80mg  limit is being retained.  

So,  who cares  if we are out of line  with  our  50mg Eurobore  neighbours. They don't have a very strict automatic 12 month ban for first time offenders, we do.
IP Logged
pinto

TD04 on a galaxy manifold ? whooooooosh !

View Profile Email

Re: Lower  Drink  Limit
« Reply #1 on: Oct 7th, 2008, 10:40pm »

My personal drive limit is 0mg - but thats me.

I cant understand, given the wide publicity of the effects of minimal quantities of alcohol on a driver, why people really feel the need to drink anything  if they plan to drive  Huh  IF you fancy a pint, walk or get someone else to drive.

If they really want to cut down on DD, then pubs should be encouraged to reduce the cost of soft drinks (by the pint) - most charget he same or in some cases, more than a pint  Angry
IP Logged
scorpio_man
Administrator

Ford Kuga awd

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 8th, 2008, 11:47am »

on Oct 7th, 2008, 10:40pm, pinto wrote:
My personal drive limit is 0mg - but thats me.

I cant understand, given the wide publicity of the effects of minimal quantities of alcohol on a driver, why people really feel the need to drink anything  if they plan to drive  Huh  IF you fancy a pint, walk or get someone else to drive.

If they really want to cut down on DD, then pubs should be encouraged to reduce the cost of soft drinks (by the pint) - most charget he same or in some cases, more than a pint  Angry

Agree
IP Logged
taliban aka Cheekyboy2

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Oct 8th, 2008, 2:30pm »

im with pinto, might be a good idea to introduce zero tolerance on alcohol and driving.
years ago when i worked in the pub trade i noticed the worst offenders for guzzling more than the limit were often not the youngsters as people seem to suggest but the older middle aged group who'd got away with it for years and for the most part were just fooling themselves.
as for soft drink prices, well, thats where all the profit is, we didnt make that much on beer but the mark up on draft cola, lemonade, mixers etc was incredible...
IP Logged

Jonnycab

Former owner of 2.3 Ultima Facelift saloon

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Oct 9th, 2008, 3:09am »

As Taliban says, it was always the older middle aged group who were more prone to drink driving, probably because of the fact that the penalties for drink driving in bygone times were less severe than they are now & the possible tragic consequences of drink driving weren't really considered  Undecided

It probably took a little time to sink in & change many a stubborn attitude into a new way of thinking about how dangerous a vehicle actually is in the hands of someone who's vision, reactions & thinking has been depleted ten-fold as a result of downing 5 pints of lager. But I think many habitual offenders have now come round to the thinking that they could unwittingly become potential killers......A pretty scary scenario for anyone who would never consider harming a hair on anyones head.

So my feeling is, that in society at the moment the worst offenders are not the middle aged, but indeed youngsters under the age of 25. The very ones that have most recently been taught about the consequences of drinking & driving  Sad

Everytime I buy the local rag & read the 'who's been done in court' page, 75% of the drink driving cases seem to be commited by someone under 25  Huh
I wonder if driving under the influence of drugs would be an even higher percentage ?  Undecided

Getting back to Mr Floppy's original post....

Most of us hardened drinkers on here  Wink  could probably enjoy one pint at lunchtime & feel safe that they are still okay to drive, but after two pints then would everyone still feel confident that they were still under the limit ?...........I wouldn't..... Even if I felt fine, I wouldn't have a clue if the alcohol in my blood was above 80mg (or might be in a hours time) & couldn't be sure that the alcohol wasn't affecting my brain unless someone told me that I was behaving slightly out of character  Undecided

IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.