Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 8th, 2024, 5:19am

Balance: £11.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Found my way back to the blue oval »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Off Topic Subjects
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Found my way back to the blue oval
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Found my way back to the blue oval  (Read 1199 times)
cossie_al

Ex 24v

View Profile

Found my way back to the blue oval
« on: Mar 2nd, 2009, 10:12pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Well guys not been around for a while but at last I have found my way back to the ford badge.
You will be pleased to hear that french pile of cr@p was traded in.  
Managed to find a 55reg mondeo estate tdci apparently its the 130bhp.
only driven 3 miles since getting it but I am so happy to get back to ford. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
IP Logged
Highlander
Expert

13 Scorpios, XR4x4, Suzuki SJ413 for off road :)

View Profile Email

Re: Found my way back to the blue oval
« Reply #1 on: Mar 3rd, 2009, 10:01pm »

Happy and Mondeo all in the same sentence?? Wink

You're halfway Al Wink still looking for a Scorpio?? Wink
IP Logged

on Oct 17th, 2011, 12:35pm, Simmo wrote:
I give up ! Roll Eyes Too much for an old boy!  Huh

Scorpio_Mike

Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0 V6 & 2.8 Sierra XR4i 4x4

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Mar 3rd, 2009, 10:39pm »

Welcome back Cossie_al - you saw the light and came back to the fold.

Guess the French 'mistress' was not all she seemed  Wink
Seductively styled but somewhat high maintainence  Cry

Get another Scorpio, you know it makes sense  Grin
IP Logged

Star sign is Scorpio !
Sierra XR4i's are great...especially when fitted with 4WD Smiley
Jonnycab

Former owner of 2.3 Ultima Facelift saloon

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Mar 3rd, 2009, 11:24pm »

Nice buy Al  Wink..... but one thing to watch out for on the TDs (that I've heard from many a fellow cabbie that owns one) is injector problems. Apparently they are prone to getting gunged up/blocked easily & are very expensive to replace as they are coded to the ECU.

Might be a good idea to run some Wynns (or similar) diesel injector cleaner through the system  Wink

P.S....a mate bought a 607 diesel auto about 8 months ago & the box has just gone on that as well....must be a weak point on these cars  Smiley
IP Logged
cossie_al

Ex 24v

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Mar 3rd, 2009, 11:41pm »

Thanks Guys,
Mike you are spot on about the peugeot I wont bore you with the details but I have spent twice as much on repairs as I paid for the car. To be honest I should have cut my losses after replacing the gearbox but hindsight is a wonderfull thing.
I was intending to flog the pug and spend whatever I got on a scorp but now we have the caravan and a dog I realy wanted a derv estate so that would have norrowed the search even more.
Jonny I am aware of the injector probs, Apparantly its about £100 to have a dealership recode a set of injectors so I will be looking for a set off a low mileage scrapper.
Does any of the guys you know use wynns in there tdci motors? the reason I ask is on the tdci forum a lot of members have had problems after using injector cleaners in particular red ex Huh
IP Logged
Dave

Tourmallard 24v (ex-owner)

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: Mar 4th, 2009, 2:40pm »

I too have come back to the blue oval, it's an 02 plate Focus ST170. I think it's a rebound car. I miss the Scorpio horribly, but I know I got rid of it at the right time (i.e. before it destroyed me).

I'm very unimpressed with myself for buying a manual though, that's the hardest part to come to terms with.. again it was a decision I made after much thought. "Speed over comfort" I thought. See, a rebound car!

Glad to have had four happy years with the old cossie though. Happy happy days  Wink
IP Logged

Life after the Scorpio ain't easy..
Jonnycab

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Mar 4th, 2009, 4:04pm »

on Mar 3rd, 2009, 11:41pm, cossie_al wrote:

Does any of the guys you know use wynns in there tdci motors? the reason I ask is on the tdci forum a lot of members have had problems after using injector cleaners in particular red ex Huh

No, that's why they've all had to replace their injectors  ROFL

Honestly though, I'm not sure, so I wouldn't like to advise which product is the best  Smiley
IP Logged
wumpster

1996 2.5TD Scorpio Exec

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Mar 4th, 2009, 7:53pm »

many of the newer commonrail TD engines dont like ingector cleanner in em it can cause probs with seals on the pumps and injectors we runn mondeo tdci as taxis m8 they have now covered 190,000 plus and never had any cleaner in em and they have been fine just clutch probs with ours not a cheap job as its a duall mass flywheel and it always goes other than that they are ok
IP Logged

www.thewumpster.co.uk
cossie_al

Ex 24v

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Mar 4th, 2009, 8:38pm »

Thanks wumpster,
I heard a tdci in a supermarket car park today and it was fairly rattling on tick over, it was like it was pinking badly. it sounded more like an agricultural vehicle Grin
Mine sounds nothing like that,  
in two minds what to do now Huh
I suppose if it aint broke it doesn't need fixing, but then keeping the injectors clean may prevent probs later but then it may cause problems putting the stuff in.
AARRGGHH!!!!! Huh Huh Huh Grin
IP Logged
Jonnycab

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Mar 5th, 2009, 2:02am »

Hi Al, I've done a little digging & Wynns do a couple of products that state they are safe to use on TDCi common rail diesels....

HERE  &  HERE

Probably the same product but packaged differently  Roll Eyes

I couldn't recommend these products as I've never used them, so it's up to you mate  Wink

In theory I suppose, with fuel being so clean nowadays, then you shouldn't need to stick in fuel cleaners. But everytime you open the fuel cap then something will get into the tank.....moisture, dust being blown by the wind, crud from fuel pump nozzle etc....  Smiley

But as you said 'if it ain't broke, it doesn't need fixing', so might be best to leave it alone if it's running fine. But if you do start to get any problems with the injectors/fuel system, then it might be worth trying one of the above or similar before paying out loads of dosh for new injectors  Wink

Hope this helps with your dilemma  Smiley

P.S....most people I know who have had injector problems with these Mondeos have only had to have one or two injectors replaced. So maybe it's a possibility that the injectors just go bad all on their own  Undecided
IP Logged
wumpster

1996 2.5TD Scorpio Exec

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: Mar 5th, 2009, 3:07pm »

when the tdci gets a bad rattle that sounds like timing chain its normally the bottom pulley they are a common one for going they have a daft rubber crush system that drops to bits got loads of old ones here  Grin Grin Grin Grin
IP Logged

www.thewumpster.co.uk
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.