Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 8th, 2024, 8:25pm

Balance: £11.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« phew!! that was close »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Off Topic Subjects
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   phew!! that was close
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: phew!! that was close  (Read 489 times)
rich1

london cabbies have the knowledge!!

View Profile

phew!! that was close
« on: May 13th, 2009, 6:41pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

really thought i was saying goodbye to my beloved scorpio today , i was taking my son to the dentist in epping and was sitting in a traffic jam when i heard the horrible sound of screaming brakes , looked in my rear view mirror and saw a L200 pick up barreling towards me , as there was nothing i could do i told my son to brace himself .........but the bloke managed to stop by an inch of my rear end  Shocked, it was then i noticed the driver was on his mobile phone , as i had my young son with me i tried not to lose my temper ..................i failed!!! but guess what? the bloke started shouting at me , saying i stopped suddenly (i had been sitting there for about 3 minutes) a few choice words were exchanged when he suddenly drove on the other side of the road and shot off!!!
i really dont understand some people , they spend thousands on a car yet cant spend a few quid on a bluetooth Roll Eyes ive got a motorola headset and it cost me a tenner. i gotta tell you tho , the whole incident didnt `arf put the willys up me Shocked
IP Logged
Scorpio_Mike

Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0 V6 & 2.8 Sierra XR4i 4x4

View Profile

Re: phew!! that was close
« Reply #1 on: May 13th, 2009, 8:37pm »

Reminds me of the time I was taking my old Granada Scorpio Estate to trade in for my current Scorpio - I had stopped at a roundabout and I heard the screech of tyres and a car looming up in my rear view mirror - my only thought at the time was 'Oh cr*p - if he hits me the dealer probably won't take the car !'
Thankfully the car stopped just short of the rear bumper...don't recall if he was using a mobile.
At the dealers request I had previously removed the towbar - and had found the rear crossmember behind the bumper to be mainly comprised of iron oxide  Wink - dread to think what would have happened if the car had bumped in to me & very pleased I had never tried towing anything heavy  Shocked
IP Logged

Star sign is Scorpio !
Sierra XR4i's are great...especially when fitted with 4WD Smiley
scorpio_man
Administrator

Ford Kuga awd

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: May 14th, 2009, 8:20am »

hi there

Agree

3 points isn't enough! i'd add a couple of days unpaid community work to it, somewhere like a recovery unit of road traffic accidents.

that would show them! Angry
IP Logged
rich1

london cabbies have the knowledge!!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: May 14th, 2009, 10:21am »

i would go 6 points , if you aint got a bluetooth , turn your phone off!!!
in my experiance its normally women that are the worst offenders or strangely artic lorry drivers  Huh
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.