Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 20th, 2024, 12:24am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« ebay problems »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Off Topic Subjects
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   ebay problems
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: ebay problems  (Read 1669 times)
Tekno

Tenho Ruohoranta

View Profile WWW

ebay problems
« on: Sep 14th, 2009, 5:22pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

First, I found there is RS2000 camshafts on ebay. And having heard that fitting them to 2.3 gives small gain in power, I ordered them. Paid them 2th of Aug. They haven't came yet  Shocked
Seller said he used "parcel force" and theres no tracking number. Then on one sunday he says that he's trying to ask DHL. DHL!Huh! Roll Eyes and next monday DHL will phone him. I waited for a WEEK and asked him whats up.  
Because it was 40 days from purchace, I did paypal dispute to him.
He now says again "DHL are calling me back with regards to the situation of the cams on monday .Why bother with a paypal dispute why not call me and we could discuss the situation "
Obviously I don't phone him because It's very expensive (I'm from Finland) and my english grammar is poor. We would understand each other like deaf and blind talking..

And another purchase, 4.27 Differential I paid 28 of aug. Seller gave me tracking number which doesnt work. He just says that "website isnt showing any details just now"
IT SHOULD show details within two or few days. It's now over two weeks from purchase.
Anyone know how to count checksum of DHL tracking number? To check if it has typo or something.

Last thursday I bought front hub with good  bearing and abs sensor from GERMANY. It came to finland in next Saturday! And it was handled with DHL...

At this week I bought Ford 6000 CD for £90 delivered... I hope AT LEAST THAT COMES  Lips Sealed  

I will propably never buy anything bigger than item which is delivered as letter/airmail from UK

If nothing of those don't come, its loss of £360 for nothing.
IP Logged

1998 Ford Scorpio Ultima Estate 2.3i 16V
tlundkvi

Ex. Scorpio 2.9 24V -95

View Profile

Re: ebay problems
« Reply #1 on: Sep 14th, 2009, 6:14pm »

No, no, no. You will not lose your money. if you used Paypal you are covered. To phone him, upload 10 euros to Skype and call him for pennies per minute. Send a final warning, he is buying time remember the deadline is 45 days, then you need to go court to get your money back, so hurry up (but you already did this, which is a good thing, day of filing counts). I disputed a fake USB stick once and got my money back within 4 days.

DHL packages from UK or Germany have to me taken the most 8 working days to arrive. I got a door within 3 days from Germany.

I would dispute right away if not 100% assured after 3 weeks. Tracking numbers can be unavailable, has happened to me quite a lot, even with DHL (especially if via Interparcel).  
There are cheaters & cons out there, but as long as you do it all the official ebay way, you will not be stuck. A far more worse thing is if you receive a worn out diff not worth installing, then you need to prove you got a bad one, and the con will try to claim he sent a good one but you want to return the old spare part etc.

All the best of luck, let's hope you get things moving!
IP Logged
tlundkvi

Ex. Scorpio 2.9 24V -95

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Sep 14th, 2009, 6:24pm »

on Sep 14th, 2009, 5:22pm, Tekno wrote:
Anyone know how to count checksum of DHL tracking number? To check if it has typo or something.

You can call the Finnish DHL on 020 345 345, they have redundant systems for keeping track of parcels.
IP Logged
Tekno

Tenho Ruohoranta

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: Sep 14th, 2009, 6:26pm »

But if fault is not sellers  but delivery companys Huh
Is he still responsible to give money back/send another/something else? or what should I tell him?
IP Logged

Tekno

Tenho Ruohoranta

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: Sep 14th, 2009, 7:14pm »

its actually 20 days (after dispute) time to solve problem with seller
IP Logged

tlundkvi

Ex. Scorpio 2.9 24V -95

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Sep 14th, 2009, 7:41pm »

on Sep 14th, 2009, 6:26pm, Tekno wrote:
But if fault is not sellers  but delivery companys Huh
Is he still responsible to give money back/send another/something else? or what should I tell him?

The seller needs to prove it, and DHL extremely rarely loses packages. In that case, you should be able to claim DHL. You would assume then the tracking number works with the system, if not how can the seller prove he sent it if he can't show a receipt of doing so.
IP Logged
drmousse

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Sep 15th, 2009, 7:47pm »

I've just received a package sent via DHL from Pakistan. It was sent 3 days ago. So you shouldn't have a problem... Either DHL or the seller owes you a refund. Mail the Ebay and Paypal people and they will help you.
IP Logged
Highlander
Expert

13 Scorpios, XR4x4, Suzuki SJ413 for off road :)

View Profile Email

« Reply #7 on: Sep 15th, 2009, 8:57pm »

The no tracking number is a weird one, however I have send things abroad with DHL before and I cant ever find out how to work their tracking system!
They have about ten different ones! Smiley
I gave up!  ROFL

I usually find if you keep asking people things happen, its when you dont get any response it gets worrying!!
IP Logged

on Oct 17th, 2011, 12:35pm, Simmo wrote:
I give up ! Roll Eyes Too much for an old boy!  Huh

Tekno

Tenho Ruohoranta

View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: Sep 16th, 2009, 4:36pm »

wohoo!

"I have solved the mystery of the camshafts.DHL system has a complete different record of your address on there system.I have forwarded them exactly what you supplied on ebay.Can you also forward me a contact phone number as they will want to call you if they can not locate you.However as far as iam aware the cams are already in finland so will be with you very soon"

Now just waiting...............
IP Logged

tlundkvi

Ex. Scorpio 2.9 24V -95

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Sep 16th, 2009, 5:59pm »

Did you call DHL also?
IP Logged
Tekno

Tenho Ruohoranta

View Profile WWW

« Reply #10 on: Sep 21st, 2009, 8:37pm »

not yet.. will call when I have time.. but I solved a little bit that case of rear differential. Shipment was booked 9.9.09 in UK and tracking number I got is not for DHL, its for Interparcel's tracking. The diff was just hanging around for almost 2 weeks until he did send it.
Seller gave interparcel WRONG PHONE NUMBER Huh It seems to be he's own number.
I'm happy for that I know it's *somewhere* with my address at least. I left message for interparcel about the situation.

Front hub with good bearing came yesterday. It was delivered with DHL. They left it in local post office which left me a notice paper about that.

IP Logged

Tekno

Tenho Ruohoranta

View Profile WWW

« Reply #11 on: Sep 22nd, 2009, 1:42pm »

My differential is in portugal Huh Cheesy
IP Logged

mick_66

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: Sep 22nd, 2009, 3:27pm »

away for a wee bit of sunshine...its tempremento!!! Grin
IP Logged
Tekno

Tenho Ruohoranta

View Profile WWW

« Reply #13 on: Sep 23rd, 2009, 6:30am »

OK THAT WAS FAST DELIVERY FROM PORTUGAL Cheesy

IP Logged

tlundkvi

Ex. Scorpio 2.9 24V -95

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: Sep 23rd, 2009, 7:10am »

Good that all turned out well! Cheesy Really weird it all happened to you at once.
IP Logged
Dave2302

2006 Mercedes S55 AMG, Retired Barefoot Waterskier

View Profile Email

« Reply #15 on: Oct 2nd, 2009, 5:04pm »

Also.....

I know everyone has to start somewhere, but using this philosophy I have recently made 4 purchases on EBay from persons with low number of feedback.

Out of these 4 purchases 3 have gone sour...

2 were expensive "Sennheiser" microphones for my Karaoke roadshow.  I bought one 2 years ago from a reputable music shop for £425, and at the mo they retail at £450 up.  Thought I had a bargain when I bought from 2 different sellers on EBay for £160 and £190 but when they turned up they were cheap Chinese Snides..... Still haven't had a refund yet.

Also purchased a Sky Box on auction for spare bedroom, still haven't received this yet, been 10 days now and just loads of excuses but no goods !!

So guys beware of users with low number of feedback, I wont be buying from them again.....

In particular beware of "chazzabbot"  "dinlinlin" and "andrew-abi" who have all shafted me up.

I know eventually paypal will reimbuse me but in the mean time I dont have my money and these scamming "persons of dubious parentage" do  Angry
IP Logged

Dave "The 'ol Bear" ex Footer !
Tekno

Tenho Ruohoranta

View Profile WWW

« Reply #16 on: Oct 9th, 2009, 1:59pm »

Still waiting for FORD 6000 CD  Roll Eyes

Feels like 4 of 5 orders I make, get delayed somehow.
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.