Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 19th, 2024, 6:27pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Bargain Bulbs !! »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Off Topic Subjects
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Bargain Bulbs !!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Bargain Bulbs !!  (Read 686 times)
Tons_of_fun

Mmmm...Xena !

View Profile

Bargain Bulbs !!
« on: May 30th, 2010, 5:34pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi all. Whilst clearing my local Poundland out of their microfibre towel stock, i came across some H1 + 50% xenon bulbs at £1 each !!!. Not being one to turn down a bargain i grabbed 4 of them, just to see if they were any good Wink. I fitted them yesterday & in daylight conditions i could immediatley see the differance. Come the night time i was completely gobsmacked !!!. The differance is HUGE Smiley . The light is so much crisper & the beam pattern seems to go a few meters longer as well. Happily they dont seem to have a 'blue hue' that some aftermarket bulbs have. At £1 a pop they have to be the bargain of the centuary. Im going back in the morning to buy up their entire stock...Yep im that impressed.
IP Logged

Lord...Sometimes im not that bright
tonyboy

black2.924Vcoss ( No More )

Tony+Redden   Tony+Redden
View Profile WWW Email

Re: Bargain Bulbs !!
« Reply #1 on: May 30th, 2010, 7:26pm »

I'm to tight to go to the pound shop. I go to the 99p store.Some good stuff in ye old 99p shop. microfibre cloths, tyre black, air freshener for the air con, The insulation tapes a bit crap as are the tools they have, but i suppose you get what you pay for. At christmas i wait till they have there sale on so i can get my chrissy pressies........... Wink
IP Logged

I think i'm going, erm what do you call it..... Senial.... Huh
lesterlad aka Rodders

2.3 Ghia x Estate (Manual)

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: May 30th, 2010, 11:27pm »

on May 30th, 2010, 7:26pm, tonyboy wrote:
I'm to tight to go to the pound shop. I go to the 99p store.Some good stuff in ye old 99p shop. microfibre cloths, tyre black, air freshener for the air con, The insulation tapes a bit crap as are the tools they have, but i suppose you get what you pay for. At christmas i wait till they have there sale on so i can get my chrissy pressies........... Wink

LOL, I'm even tighter than you Tony, I get my pound shop stuff for 75p, the firm I work for supplies such shops.
IP Logged

There's are methods to my madness!!! I'm not sure what the methods are but there's definitely madness in them
leewar

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Jun 1st, 2010, 12:25am »

Craig, What a gent you are!!. Popped into my local Poundland and bought twelve of the bulbs. Bargain ain't the word. I was looking on ebay for the same and they were at least eight pounds for two!!!! Thanks for the heads up.  Lee
IP Logged
Tons_of_fun

Mmmm...Xena !

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Jun 1st, 2010, 7:45am »

Glad i could help Lee. I took a trip over to a mate last night. He lives in the back of beyond ( or Tamworth to those in the know ) Smiley . There is very little street lighting for most of the journey & i have to admit the bulbs performed very well. I easily had an extra 5 mtrs extra vision on main beam. Smiley . Sadly when i returned to Poundland on sunday they only had 6 bulbs left..... Mine now Wink. I was thinking of knocking them out on E-Bay for £3.99 a pair Smiley
IP Logged

Lord...Sometimes im not that bright
Baz

S Reg. 1998 24v Cosworth S2.9 COS (Deceased)

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Jun 1st, 2010, 8:40am »

You think you lot are tight...... Snoopy waits till they have a sale at the 50p before he goes in there! Smiley
IP Logged
tlundkvi

Ex. Scorpio 2.9 24V -95

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Jun 1st, 2010, 12:56pm »

Or get one of these: http://cgi.ebay.com/HID-XENON-CONVERSION-KIT-BULBS-BALLAST-H1-6000K-NEW- /300431033769?cmd=ViewItem&pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item45f315c5a9#ht_2416wt_913

Ebay Item 300431033769

(the shipping costs are part of the product price, the chinese sellers often do this to keep ebay commissions low)
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.