Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 20th, 2024, 9:45pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Security Level at Luton Airport »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Off Topic Subjects
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Security Level at Luton Airport
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Security Level at Luton Airport  (Read 675 times)
Toriitom

View Profile

Security Level at Luton Airport
« on: Oct 2nd, 2010, 7:01pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Security level heightened as passenger attempts to dismantle plane from the inside

I recently bought 2 sets of stumpy spanners from Aldi. I left them in my daughters as I forgot to take them with me when I headed home. The missus lifted them the last time she was in Stevenage and brought them home in the car.

While at my daughters I found one of the spanners that must have fallen out of the bag. I thought nothing of it and put the spanner in the pocket of my work trousers.

Heading home today, I packed my clothes in my case along with my usual assortment of my wash bag, laptop, cables, etc not forgetting to leave out any liquids as I was flying home. I got to Luton airport and the place was crowded; it must have been the busiest I have seen Luton in all the years of flying to and from my daughters. The queues for security snaked around the hall. Eventually I got to the checkpoint and duly put my coat in a box, my laptop and mobile in another and passed my case through to the x-ray machine. I passed through the scanner – no problems. Standing waiting for my belongings to come out, when a security man told me to accompany him to the bench. I took my laptop and jacket and he took my case. I asked him what was the problem and he said that the x-ray showed a spanner in the case. I remembered that I had put it in the pocket of my work trousers. I dug it out and showed it to him. “I’m sorry, Sir, but I have to confiscate this spanner”, he states. I told him that he must have been joking. “No”, he says, “You are not allowed tools on the plane. I said that, in my wash bag, my disposable razors were items that are more offensive. He said rules are rules and he must dispose of it.  

I know that the spanner is not the most expensive item but can anyone offer me a reasonable explanation as to how a spanner is a security risk.
IP Logged

Current Collection
M Reg Ford Scorpio Estate
M Reg Ford Transit 12-seat Bus
G Reg Nissan Terrano R3m
1992 Ford Sierra Estate 1.8L (Donor 4 Kit-car)
1990 Toyota Corolla Estate 4WD
Robin Hood 2B K
gozz

Been around awhile

View Profile Email

Re: Security Level at Luton Airport
« Reply #1 on: Oct 2nd, 2010, 10:26pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

What an utter load of old cobblers  Angry the country is bound up with unfathomable stupidity  Roll Eyes
I was a little suspicious about a vehicle I considered buying,when I rang the DVLA to ask if it was on the stolen register they said they couldn't divulge that to the public,similarly the local Police   Huh it's as daft as your offensive spanner situation !
      GOZZ.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.