Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 19th, 2024, 11:21am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Local garage (Not All Grumbles) »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Off Topic Subjects
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Local garage (Not All Grumbles)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Local garage (Not All Grumbles)  (Read 776 times)
Kenboy

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

Local garage (Not All Grumbles)
« on: Mar 11th, 2011, 6:59am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi Each year I use the same local garage for MOT's When I present the car to them I make sure of giving it a good Valet inside and out and they have been known to compliment on this I believe most Mechanics appreciate this Even the engine bay is very reasonable clean I have to say apart from MOT charges they have had very little money from me during the eight years I have owned the car The point is few weeks ago I posted a problem on this forum explaining malfunction of electric windows, seats mirrors etc, you gave me some good advice on how to possibly cure this but I have a bit of a health problem would not allow me to get access to Multi plugs just above brake pedal I had no choice but to take it in to the said garage with the information you supplied along with Photo of multi plug layout they agreed to have a look and now all is well They tell me that a total of one and half hours was spent on the car and I estimated about a hundred quid with VAT etc but when I went to settle the bill I was informed that there would be no charge I was chuffed not because of the money but there attitude of respect. Now it is not every day that a garage gets this write up but I thought it was  worth a mention.
IP Logged
Snoopy
Administrator

Very old.BAD tempered and missing friends.

View Profile Email

Re: Local garage (Not All Grumbles)
« Reply #1 on: Mar 11th, 2011, 8:25am »

Tell us the name of the garage.. Others might like to use them . We name the bad ones so why not name the GOOD ones!
IP Logged

HELP the FORUM.Please DONATE
Scorpio

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Mar 11th, 2011, 12:00pm »

Yes not all garages are out to rip you off. Due to my busy work schedule and wanting a social life, i let my local garage do some work on my cossies. They know me well and charge me mates rates. A good way to check out a new garages service, is to let them do a really small/low cost job first. See how you are treated and if poorly dont use them for any larger jobs that may need doing in the future.
IP Logged

Kenboy

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Mar 11th, 2011, 9:11pm »

Well it is not a large garage and its family run and has a good reputation here in Witney and its called K J Motors Station Lane Witney. Oxfordshire OX28 4BH
01993 772 714

Kenboy
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.