Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 19th, 2024, 8:40am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« The joys of Education! »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Off Topic Subjects
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   The joys of Education!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: The joys of Education!  (Read 1235 times)
PJDavis

2 x 1995 Jag X300 3.2 / 4.0 (Henley)   1957 XK140

View Profile Email

The joys of Education!
« on: Jul 1st, 2011, 5:42pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Seven weeks of holidays starting right now!!   Grin Grin
IP Logged

I love 'Movvy'
1995 Jaguar XJ6 X300 3.2 (Henley)
1995 Jaguar XJ6 X330 4.0 (Dopey)
1957 Jaguar XK140 USA (converted to RHD, and to have fitted Mk10 420G Engine with BW 65 Auto Trans)
Baz

S Reg. 1998 24v Cosworth S2.9 COS (Deceased)

View Profile

Re: The joys of Education!
« Reply #1 on: Jul 2nd, 2011, 6:52pm »

d**ned teachers..... need to get a proper job and a private sector pension....thenthey'll know what it is like in the real world!
IP Logged
PJDavis

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Jul 2nd, 2011, 7:26pm »

Grin   I have a private pension.   I in common with a lot of my colleagues have 'opted-out' of the pension.   My pension is property.   Anyone that says anything about how hard I work, I ask them to stand-up in front of twenty students and Lecture them.   Age sixteen upward, they all know 'Their-rights', they can call you a W++k+r, a P++f, anything they like, the management call it spirited, and "they must have another chance".   When I was an apprentice many year ago working on heavy diesel engines for BR, if you stepped out of line you were taken around the back of a shed and booted.   You've no idea how many times I wish I could give-out that kind of justice.   Then at the end of the year, (just about a week ago)  you have to put up with the phone-calls from wee-Jonny's Mum or Dad asking why their boy hasn't passed this year.   When Mummy or Daddy complains to my boss, he then asks what I did the full year to help wee jonny!   That's the real side of our pathetic, 'namby-pamby' Educational system, starting from FIVE years-old!!!   But I love it, and wouldn't do anything else, why?   The lovely long holidays    Grin

Oh, and I've easily had a proper job, working outside in the North of Scotland in all weathers lying underneath Diesel Locomotives and their carriages (at nearly every stop on a journey between Fort William and Mallaig) un-freezing brakes in a foot of snow and minus 20 degrees 'C', pumping two-stroke oil by hand in inside an engine room whilst 110db 4000hp Napier engine is screaming beside me, and standing all day in front of a forge forming 'white-metal' bearings inside an old glass-roof shed in the height of summer.    Now, I prefer to take it easy!  He he.  Wink
IP Logged

I love 'Movvy'
1957 Jaguar XK140 USA (converted to RHD, and to have fitted Mk10 420G Engine with BW 65 Auto Trans)
Andycan

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Jul 2nd, 2011, 9:47pm »

Hi Baz I am and was never a teacher but I did have a public sector pension as I worked as a diesel engine mechanic for BR and mainly the national bus company.  
My pension is worth nothing and the reason is because Margret Thatchers government stole our pension before selling off the NBC. A pension I paid into and now this government want to do a similar thing with everyone else now.

I might add that they also did the same with a lot of other pensions of people in other government owned industries.
IP Logged
Baz

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Jul 2nd, 2011, 10:28pm »

Gordon Brown stole my pension, so they are all as bad as each other.....

I don't pay into a pension any more. I used to put £600 a month into a private pension but when I get statements telling me how little I can expect to get back every month, I decided to start buying property and renting it out.... at least I'll have something to sell in twenty years time!
IP Logged
Baz

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Jul 2nd, 2011, 10:31pm »

and I'm guessing class 27 or class 33 diesels at Fort WilliamHuh Grin
IP Logged
gozz

Been around awhile

View Profile Email

« Reply #6 on: Jul 2nd, 2011, 11:45pm »

Dozies rather than Deltics eh PJ ? it really is incredible how times have changed,in my youth a thick ear was expected if you were too clever or c-cky,tardiness was not tolerated and you had to actually do something.The country has gone t-ts up due to all the modern attitudes,I would rather dig the roads than attempt to drive anything through the thick skulls of SOME modern youngsters  Roll Eyes.One of my daughters is a teacher,and another one is a university lecturer,they are both hamstrung from both sides by inept hierarchy and impossible students.
Enjoy your break PJ and any therapy to hold you in readiness for the next foray into virtual impossibility  Shocked
                                                              GOZZ.
IP Logged
PJDavis

View Profile Email

« Reply #7 on: Jul 3rd, 2011, 12:06am »

Baz:-  Aye 27's.   Not 33's, infact it was the Sulzer engines that were in the old type 2's, (25/26/27) and their Westinghouse brakes.   I also worked out of Edinburgh on the big type 9's, (class 55)   They were Two-Strokes and had terrific power.   My favourites were the Brush type 4's with the Sulzer LDA engine, loads of power and very reliable, some still going after 50 years!   I finished my work on the old Type 3's from Swindon/Crew, (mainly because all the real engineers had gone by then) proper Diesels with Voith Transmission, those lovely sounding Maybach engines, beats a blasted Diesel-Electric any day.   Pity the transmission wasn't up to the Maybach power!

Aye Gozz....."virtual impossibility", but the reward is just one or two really good students that make the grade and go out to earn a lot of money.
IP Logged

I love 'Movvy'
Baz

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Jul 3rd, 2011, 2:25am »

PJ, check this out if you like the type 9's....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13592652

IP Logged
Scorpio_Mike

Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0 V6 & 2.8 Sierra XR4i 4x4

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Jul 3rd, 2011, 9:37am »

on Jul 3rd, 2011, 2:25am, Baz wrote:
PJ, check this out if you like the type 9's....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13592652

Cool ! Almost makes me want to get my train set out from the attic  Wink
IP Logged

Star sign is Scorpio !
Sierra XR4i's are great...especially when fitted with 4WD Smiley
PJDavis

View Profile Email

« Reply #10 on: Jul 3rd, 2011, 8:55pm »

Aye I've seen that.   I've worked on that type 9 before when it was in service between Waverley and Penzance on the night mail-train.   They were bloody noisy and terribly unreliable contrary to what is stated about reliability!
IP Logged

I love 'Movvy'
gozz

Been around awhile

View Profile Email

« Reply #11 on: Jul 3rd, 2011, 10:37pm »

on Jul 3rd, 2011, 9:37am, Scorpio_Mike wrote:

Cool ! Almost makes me want to get my train set out from the attic  Wink

Are you saying there's no room in the shed Mike?  Grin
      GOZZ.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.