Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 1st, 2024, 8:22am

Balance: £6.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Prices of spares »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Off Topic Subjects
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Prices of spares
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Prices of spares  (Read 1329 times)
PJDavis

2 x 1995 Jag X300 3.2 / 4.0 (Henley)   1957 XK140

View Profile Email

Prices of spares
« on: Mar 4th, 2012, 10:29am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I was just looking in the 'How to do things' section and Gingerbeer seems to have come up with a water-pump fix for the 24V.

should this work, it would surely mean that a lot of retailers will be left with those expensive water-pumps in stock or perhaps on back order.   This situation puts me in mind of the wish-bones fiasco.   As many know I purchased a pair of wishbones from Germany recently for less than £165 delivered to North Scotland.   The cheapest I could find any single wishbone in the UK was £169.50, (although I have seen them just recently for £144) of course the price is a farce when compared to Germany.   I wrote a letter to Ford, and to QH informing them of the difference of price, along with the much cheaper carriage charge of 7 euros from Germany.   I advised both companies that, in the light of the German prices, it might be wise to drop their prices so they were competitive.   Ford didn't even reply, and QH insisted that their prices reflected the same profit as the German prices!   What nonsense!   I contacted my local OFT and told them the whole story, they said that they were interested, but they have so many instances of this nature that little could be done.   I know of a fellow up here that goes down to all the main manufacturers auctions for out of date parts, and he told me that in the main he buys a 'Lot' of parts for about 10-15% of the original retail price, and then pushes them out on Ebay.   He has a full warehouse of stuff, and a new house and new Range-Rover, so must be doing OK!   As an example I got four brand-new in the packaging original 15 inch wheel trims for my steel wheels, for £16.    

When are these manufacturers going to stop ripping us off!
IP Logged

I love 'Movvy'
1995 Jaguar XJ6 X300 3.2 (Henley)
1995 Jaguar XJ6 X330 4.0 (Dopey)
1957 Jaguar XK140 USA (converted to RHD, and to have fitted Mk10 420G Engine with BW 65 Auto Trans)
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.