Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 18th, 2024, 9:32pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Ban the BBC »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Off Topic Subjects
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Ban the BBC
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Ban the BBC  (Read 3192 times)
Jonnycab

Former owner of 2.3 Ultima Facelift saloon

View Profile

Ban the BBC
« on: Oct 12th, 2012, 5:11am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

So, Sir Jimmy Savile was a vile peodophile & now he's pushing up daisies, it has only just come out  Huh

Why has it taken so long for this to finally come out ?....why did it not come out while he was alive ?  Huh

Was he that powerful & influential of a person (like a Mafia boss) that no-one could say anything about him until he was dead ?

NO!!...he was contracted to one of the most powerful & influential corporations in the entire world....the apparently impartial BBC  Roll Eyes

The BBC are the real 'Mafia' bosses here. They knew what was going on & they did nothing about it because Savile's charismatic persona brought in lots of viewers.

Imagine if the BBC were to admit that they were employing peodophiles to host their most popular programs ?...would you pay the BBC tv licence ?

In my opinion, the BBC have finally been exposed for the criminals that they really are. A powerful organisation that not even the government dare to question.....In how many other countries in the world can you be fined or even imprisoned for not paying a licence to watch TV ?  Angry

Hopefully this Jimmy Savile business will bring down the BBC & expose this inherently corrupt corporation for what it really is  Angry
IP Logged
gozz

Been around awhile

View Profile Email

Re: Ban the BBC
« Reply #1 on: Oct 12th, 2012, 10:29am »

Strewth JC,have you sold your telly then ? The Beeb may possibly be culpable to an extent by reason of the old pound note,there are numerous other organisations who could easily have put the finger on him,but mysteriously never did.He was always thought to be a dirty old man,that was the general public opinion,but there is little doubt that he led a charmed life hiding behind his barmy persona,and without doubt should have been locked up years ago  Huh
IP Logged
Andycan

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Oct 12th, 2012, 1:12pm »

With regards to the BBC we don't know all the facts but it does seem they knew what he was doing at were happy to let him keep doing it and putting youngsters at risk because they felt they needed him.  It is the same with all the hospitals and care homes but in their case they wanted the money from his fund raising.  As they knew what he was doing at where happy to put youngsters in danger from him then does that not make them as guilty as him?  

From what I have read in the media over the past years it seems that most people like him that are rich or famous can get away with it and help other ordinary people to get away with it so shouldn't society insist we have more police and give them more resources to find these people and stop this sort of thing rather than take away their resources and make the police forces smaller?
IP Logged
Mike H

Renault Clio

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 13th, 2012, 3:35pm »

Don't forget a lot of this happened decades ago, without the modern sensitivity to such issues that we have now. And which, of course, have subsequently developed precisely because...

IP Logged

Mike H
rich1

london cabbies have the knowledge!!

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Oct 13th, 2012, 5:14pm »

Id ban the bbc on the basis that its crap , cant think of 1 thing currently on that i watch ........even match of the day is boring , sky has moved sport broadcasting to a whole new level . The bbc also has a very left wing agenda . Certainly aint worth 130 sovs a year kn my opinion
IP Logged
Jonnycab

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Oct 18th, 2012, 5:59am »

Agree Rich  Wink the BBC cannot compete with the likes of Sky for entertainment & only survive on the fact that they can still legally rob you of £145.50 a year just for owning a TV....which, in any democracy, should not be allowed  Huh

They are an antiquated & out of touch corporation, that for some reason are still allowed to enforce an un-democratic & draconian rite to charge for something that, given the choice, you might not want to choose  Undecided

Apparently, the BBC have known about Jimmy Saville for years & in the past, have held three of their own internal investigations regarding accusations about him & have cleared him of all accusations....
....Well they would, wouldn't they !!....no company would want to get rid of one of their best assets  Roll Eyes

An external/public inquiry will hopefully bring out the truth about how this corporation is run & when it does, I can see it being bigger than the mobile phone hacking scandal  Wink
IP Logged
leewar

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

« Reply #6 on: Oct 18th, 2012, 10:41am »

Jonny, I, for the life of me, cannot believe that soooooooooooooo many people including many, many professionals, doctors, nurses, boards(ceo's, md's etc) have kept their mouths shut for so long. What of the alleged victims. Why have they kept quiet until the man died? Why did they not at least tell one person; mother, father,  family doctor, priest etc that something had happened to them? Did they really think that no-one was going to believe them, NO-ONE. Why villify a man who is now six foot under and not able to defend himself? Is this just a compensation culture world we are now living in. They are not just trying to put things right, if the alleged crimes were committed, they are after money. Saying all this, I am not defending his actions if that is what happened, but he is not here to defend himself and no-one else is. Innocent until proved guilty is the premise.
IP Logged
gozz

Been around awhile

View Profile Email

« Reply #7 on: Oct 18th, 2012, 8:13pm »

Talking as you are of compensation culture Lee,this is one of the main reasons why our little country has gone belly up,everyone is so worried about litigation that in diverse efforts to avoid it many ridiculous and petty rules,red tape and crap have been invented,we are therefore now in a situation where yobs rule because Mr Plod is legally dissuaded from application of the size ten to the rectum or a glove full of coins to the lughole,my pal touched the back of another car on a roundabout,neither vehicle was damaged,but as the woman who's car he hit is a solicitors clerk,the practice is doing him for whiplash injury.Utterly preposterous of course,but lying greedy avaricious individuals lurk round every corner looking for free cash,seldom do you find anyone with a modicum of fairness and common sense,where it will all end is unthinkable,authorities are even poking their noses into our homes and telling us we can't do anything in them without engaging an 'expert' ,bloody ridiculous,let's face it,it has sod all to do with them,it never did so why does it now ?  Roll Eyes Yes you are quite correct Lee,those who have been wronged by Savile are hoping to get a pay out,there can be no other reason .
IP Logged
Jeff

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Oct 18th, 2012, 8:15pm »

I like the BBC mainly for one main reason:

THERE'S NO PLUCKING COMMERCIALS

(apart from their own ones, and there's too many of those)
IP Logged

2.9 Cosworth saloon and 2.3 saloon
Jonnycab

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Oct 21st, 2012, 5:06am »

Isn't everyone nowadays after compensation for the smallest thing....that's why insurance costs are so high. My taxi public liability insurance has £3 million worth of cover  Shocked......that's why I drive like a nun  Wink

Getting back the matter in hand though....yes, there is a massive compensation culture in this country & everyone is out to get whatever they can. But I think this is a slightly different issue  Huh

If the allegations are all true....& there are alot of allegations covering almost half a century.....then there are alot of people who are in their 20s, 30s, 40s & even 50s who may have been a victim of this man & not actually realised it because they were too young to understand at the time.....but could have affected them for the rest of their lives without them even knowing why  Huh

Lets be honest, who can remember what they did on certain days over 30 years ago when they were a child ?....I have trouble remembering what I did yesterday sometimes  Roll Eyes

But I would imagine if you were sexually abused at some point in your childhood, then this would be forgotten easily as a child, but remembered in adulthood when triggered by something, some smell or someone that caused you to recall that part of your memory that had been repressed/forgotten for many years  Undecided

IP Logged
PJDavis

2 x 1995 Jag X300 3.2 / 4.0 (Henley)   1957 XK140

View Profile Email

« Reply #10 on: Oct 21st, 2012, 10:52am »

Gozz' most recent post is so close to the mark.   I work in Education, and have for the last 25 years.   Fortunately I'm in Higher-Education but we do get School-Kids through us that are in their sixth year at High-School.   No-one wants to Lecture them, I have had two suspensions in the last five years because I was accused (wrongly) of assaulting one child, and bullying another.   Both times were fairly harrowing until in both instances the kids were found to be lying, and also that they had done similar things previously at their school.   Did I get an apology?   NO.   Did the kid return to the College?  YES.   Our youngsters have all the power now, and if they're right or wrong, they have nothing to loose by accusing.   It's no-wonder the country finds it very hard to find teachers/lecturers.   A favourite saying of youngsters these days, and I hear it fairly regularly, "I know my rights". However, on the other side of the coin, I had one laddie in my class actually say that if I didn't pass him for a certain Thermofluids report, he would report me for bullying and not teaching the subject correctly.   I said that he would need to be careful if he did that because if I was sacked I would have nothing to loose in giving him the kicking of his life!   I still told my boss what had transpired leaving out the last bit.   Nothing happened as usual!    

I just wonder what has become of our culture, I've travelled quite a bit around the globe, not extensively but to a good few places.   It seems to me that anywhere that has the same kind of economy as us, or has embraced all those American idiosyncrasies seem to litigate in the same way.   Mind you New Zealand doesn't yet seem to have jumped on the 'band-wagon', and neither has the poorer African countries or in the main India.   Some of the European Islands like Menorca and Malta seem to have a more laid-back attitude, but I can see a lot of changes in Malta, and all for the worse.

I wouldn't say whether or not I agree, but my 90 year-old Father-In-Law said something regarding our lower-life supposed hard-done-by scum, "och, we need another good hard World-War to clear out all the 'cannon-fodder'!   My old Mum who's 95, says very similar things.   Quite controversial I know.
IP Logged

I love 'Movvy'
1995 Jaguar XJ6 X300 3.2 (Henley)
1995 Jaguar XJ6 X330 4.0 (Dopey)
1957 Jaguar XK140 USA (converted to RHD, and to have fitted Mk10 420G Engine with BW 65 Auto Trans)
Andycan

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: Oct 21st, 2012, 12:38pm »

I agree PJ but what is the answer? I think the human rights thing has gone too far when it says it is against a persons human rights to be punished for doing wrong. It means that the younger generation know they can get away with murder and will do because they get what they want from it. The older generation have morals and try to be law abiding. I say try because I am sure that some of us have inadvertantly gone over the speed limit etc.

Bring back proper punishments and hard labour and they will not know what hit them and the country will return to it's good morals and become a better society.

I went to East Germany in 85 before the wall came down and everywhere the German people treated you with respect and obeyed the laws and it was a great place to be but the western hotel I was staying in for 10 days had all the western pitfalls we had today.  Since the wall came down it seems that they have mostly all changed to the western culture of we can do what we want when we want and get away with it.  With freedom comes responsability and those that abuse that should be punished not given a asbo or a very small fine.

The old days were not perfect but they were a lot better than now and we need to take the best of the old days and use them today.
IP Logged
PJDavis

2 x 1995 Jag X300 3.2 / 4.0 (Henley)   1957 XK140

View Profile Email

« Reply #12 on: Oct 21st, 2012, 10:00pm »

Andy

I like the last sentence of the third paragraph, and particularly liked the last paragraph.   All I hope is not lost!
IP Logged

I love 'Movvy'
1995 Jaguar XJ6 X300 3.2 (Henley)
1995 Jaguar XJ6 X330 4.0 (Dopey)
1957 Jaguar XK140 USA (converted to RHD, and to have fitted Mk10 420G Engine with BW 65 Auto Trans)
leewar

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

« Reply #13 on: Oct 23rd, 2012, 10:13am »

What did I say?? Saviles "victims" to sue for millions!!! It's about nothing else. This could be like the PPI scandal. Get in early, say you got molested in some way, somewhere where Savile was in the room and win a fortune.
IP Logged
Jonnycab

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: Oct 24th, 2012, 10:45am »

People who want a payout will have to prove that they were molested, just like you had to prove you were mis-sold PPI. But it won't be very easy, because this is a criminal investigation of a very serious nature & any complaint has to be investigated thoroughly by the police.

Do some of you think that genuine victims shouldn't be able to get some sort of recompense for being abused by this scumbag ?  Huh

IP Logged
leewar

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

« Reply #15 on: Oct 24th, 2012, 11:43am »

Why is recompense always about moneyHuh Because that's the world we live in today. Get as much as you can!! How many, IF ANY, of these supposed victims are genuine. Is it easier to get money from someone who is now dead. How do you prove that you were a 'victim' apart from telling "your side of the story". He's not around to refute it. They have all seemingly got on with there lives without too much trouble. Now he's dead, they have a story or two to tell. There not 'scared' now to 'come out' now that he's six foot under but too scared to say anything at the time!!!! Prove the abuse but not just by storytelling. Anyone can do that.
IP Logged
Jonnycab

View Profile

« Reply #16 on: Oct 25th, 2012, 4:14am »

Leewar, the PPI scandel is nothing to do with getting compensation. It is all about getting the money back from the banks, loan companies, credit card companies etc that they defrauded you of in the first place  Wink

I successfully managed to claim back PPI from Lloyds that they had defrauded me of over 10 years before. I didn't use some manky solicitor, I did the claim myself.
But after nearly eight months of promises from Lloyds "Yes, It'll be in your account soon" to pay back what they had stolen from me, I still hadn't received any payment. So I contacted my local MP, who took on the case & wrote to them. Within 2 weeks of him writing to them I had my re-payment, plus 10 years worth of interest.

Compensation culture is all about suing people/companies etc for damage/injuries/defamation/libel etc & nothing to with the fraudulent PPI selling tactics  Smiley

As regards to Suing Jimmy Savile for millions.....how can you sue someone that is dead ?.....& I doubt it would be be possible to sue the recipients of his will  Undecided. Maybe they will sue the BBC for covering it all up ?  Roll Eyes

Also, how do you know that all his victims "seemingly got on with their lives without too much trouble" ?
You don't know if some of these people abused by Savile, might have ended up with life long problems with depression etc.  
You don't know if some of these people haven't had psychiactric treatment for what happened.

Jimmy Savile was a prolific paedophile who cleverly hid behind the charities he supported. He used his association with the many charities he supported to make himself out to be a pillar of the community, but all along, the charity work was just a cover to draw any attention away from his perverted paedophilic lust  Angry
IP Logged
leewar

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

« Reply #17 on: Oct 25th, 2012, 9:54am »

Sorry Jonny, but at the moment he is an ALLEGED paedophile. Nothing has been proved as yet, just stories, hearsay, rumours and speculation until we all hear otherwise. And yes, It looks as if it could go to the licence fee payer, you and me, to coughing up the compensation cash Angry
IP Logged
Mike H

Renault Clio

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #18 on: Oct 25th, 2012, 6:13pm »

Yes really need to wait until the police have done investigating. Last I heard 30 officers are now on the case while the No. of victims has risen from 200 to 300 apparently.
IP Logged

Mike H
Jonnycab

View Profile

« Reply #19 on: Oct 26th, 2012, 1:48am »

Well, the evidence is starting to stack up & although he can't be tried for his crimes in a court of law, his accomplices can.....& I bet there are a few people out there who are starting to get more than a little nervous.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.