Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 1st, 2024, 2:17am

Balance: £6.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Last chance to see the Vulcan »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Off Topic Subjects
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Last chance to see the Vulcan
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Last chance to see the Vulcan  (Read 2465 times)
Jeff

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

Last chance to see the Vulcan
« on: Oct 19th, 2012, 10:59pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Looks like next year may well turn out to be the last chance for anyone to see the Vulcan flying.
If you haven't managed this yet, (WHAT?!!!??) then get divorced, sell your house, sell your kids - do anything in order to be at an airshow where it will be demonstrating what we once achieved in this great country of ours, before we put accountants in charge.
It's all here:
http://www.vulcantothesky.org/uploads/documents/EoFA4-FAQ-Web.pdf

Talking of accountants, I now need to go and kill one. Or two. Plus my fee, which is three. Make it four. Five's better.
IP Logged

2.9 Cosworth saloon and 2.3 saloon
TiberiuS

Ex. 1996 2.3 Ultima - RIP P789 KHJ

View Profile WWW Email

Re: Last chance to see the Vulcan
« Reply #1 on: Oct 24th, 2012, 10:35pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Yep, I saw it when the airshow was here at the end of August - truly awe inspiring sight, that giant shape hanging in mid air with the smoke and the roar of the engines.

It's a bit like Concorde, sure they could have improved the design, it wasn't economic to run, the supersonic flight thing went flat after the 70's oil crisis, but what a feat of engineering it was, especially when you think it was based on 50's and 60's technology.

Same with the Comet, VC10, etc etc - it seriously baffles me why our nation doesn't spend some money on preserving our aviation heritage, why it always gets left to private groups who get no central funding and run on a shoestring. Serious respect to the Vulcan guys, but I just don't see how it could ever go on unless they could've attracted some seriously huge donations.

I dunno Undecided

Bruce.
IP Logged

Bruce - '07 Jaguar XKR coupe, '95 Jaguar XJ Sport 4.0, '82 Ford Capri 2.0 Ghia, '15 Honda Civic (sloooooww..)
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.