Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 30th, 2024, 8:31pm

Balance: £6.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Goodbye to Scorpio »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Off Topic Subjects
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Goodbye to Scorpio
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Goodbye to Scorpio  (Read 3031 times)
ottopmh

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

Goodbye to Scorpio
« on: Apr 3rd, 2013, 11:55am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

The time has come to say goodbye to my Scorpio 2,3. I've owned it for eight years now.

Sadly Ford decided not to keep rear wheel drive saloons in production (European market) and the new had to be something else. What did I choose? The closest alternative, in my opinion, to replace Scorpio: Jaguar S-Type. One reason amongst many is that Top Gear presenters hate the looks of both cars Grin

I will keep my account still as it seems that Scorpio lives on within family, hopefully for years to come!

O
IP Logged
Daniel

Best cars Ever!!!

View Profile

Re: Goodbye to Scorpio
« Reply #1 on: Apr 3rd, 2013, 3:27pm »

Thats a shame mate, you can never really replace the scorpio had to sell ours in november and nothing has the same overall package as the scorpios in my opinion. Good luck with your jag anyways.  
Dan  Smiley
IP Logged

98 Facelift 2.3 Cuirass Ghia Estate 170k miles
97 pre facelift 24v Silver Ultima Saloon 24k miles
TiberiuS

Ex. 1996 2.3 Ultima - RIP P789 KHJ

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Apr 12th, 2013, 8:08pm »

Nothing wrong with the old S-Type, a lot of the packaging and mechanicals are Scorpio derived anyway - just look at some of the switchgear Wink

My boss still has the '03 S-Type 2.5 SE that he bought new, not exactly a rocket by any stretch but a lot of car for what it's worth now and a million miles ahead of the X-Type Smiley

Bruce.
IP Logged

Bruce - '07 Jaguar XKR coupe, '95 Jaguar XJ Sport 4.0, '82 Ford Capri 2.0 Ghia, '15 Honda Civic (sloooooww..)
ottopmh

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Apr 14th, 2013, 7:26am »

Yeah, there are many things in common. They also behave lot like each other, yet there are many differences too. When thinking of family the biggest drawbacks are the boot and rear legroom.

I ended up choosing a 2004 with 4,2 V8. Consumption is, I should say of course, considerably higher for urban cruising. Bit surprisingly though on longer runs with higher speeds 2,3 Scorpio (manual) was more thirsty. I've managed to get 36 imp MPG (7,8 l / 100km) out of Jag when comparable consumption for Scorpio on the same route has been about 8,0 l / 100km.

I will even keep all the spares that I've gathered during the years for the Scorpio. If it moves away from the family then there will be lot of new original spares for sale - but not for the time being.

O
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.