Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 30th, 2024, 10:13pm

Balance: £6.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Dodgy Car for sale? Advice Please »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Off Topic Subjects
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Dodgy Car for sale? Advice Please
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Dodgy Car for sale? Advice Please  (Read 5243 times)
Daniel

Best cars Ever!!!

View Profile

Dodgy Car for sale? Advice Please
« on: Apr 18th, 2013, 11:58am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi everyone  
One of my moms freinds has aked me to help look for a new car for her. She has a 2009 astra, she dosnt like it and want to get somthing abit smaller. We have decidd a fiesta is best for her needs so we have ben looking and i found a 2009 black mk7 with only 41k for 2,350 which seems way too cheap. So i emailed the 'dealer' asking if the car has a mot and tax and i got this back.  

Hello,

I still got the 2009 Ford Fiesta Diesel Manual  for sale at the price of £2350 . The car is in excellent condition, garage kept and accident free. The mileage is real and I never had any problems with the engine. The car looks and works just perfect. I bought it from UK and it is still registered here. We live in the Northern part of United Kingdom, in a beautiful sea-side city called Thurso.
We are a nice couple of pensioners (I have 64 and my beloved wife is 63 years old) and don't use the car so often. We love to spend our time on the road but now we use to travel by plane, so a car is no more useful for us. Also we sold our house  and bought a big farm here in Thurso. If you are really interested we are ready to make a trip to England and meet you personally. You can take the car for a test-drive and any kind of inspection.  
Please tell us where do you live? I am sure that we will find a nice city in England to arrange a meeting, a region acceptable for us and for you in the same time. We have the faith that this can be a good deal!

P.S. I appreciate if we can continue our conversation by e-mail. The mobile signal is poor here, we have to walk over 2 miles for a good phone call.

Thank you and let me know,
Jack

According to the dealer website this car was never for saleHuh so what do you think i should do ? phone the dealer and tell them someone is useng their logos to sell a car or get in touch with autotrader? strange  
Thanks  
Dan  
 Smiley
IP Logged

98 Facelift 2.3 Cuirass Ghia Estate 170k miles
97 pre facelift 24v Silver Ultima Saloon 24k miles
Matt

Manual'd and a 4.0 in the making

View Profile Email

Re: Dodgy Car for sale? Advice Please
« Reply #1 on: Apr 18th, 2013, 1:44pm »

sounds well dodge that Dan, i wouldnt bother wuth any further contact with them.

Thurso is at the very top of scotland but they speak as if there outside the uk
IP Logged

FDS2000 Scans - Birmingham
PJDavis

2 x 1995 Jag X300 3.2 / 4.0 (Henley)   1957 XK140

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Apr 18th, 2013, 4:17pm »

on Apr 18th, 2013, 1:44pm, Matt wrote:
sounds well dodge that Dan, i wouldnt bother wuth any further contact with them.

Thurso is at the very top of scotland but they speak as if there outside the uk

Hoi!!!!   I resemble that remark!!!    Cheesy   What you need to realise is that selling a car in the far North is difficult, and people that really need to sell for either money reasons or other genuine reasons are willing to travel to sell a vehicle.   This place is only about 120 miles North of me but even on a good quiet run will take about 3 hrs.   People are 'broader' spoken in the far North, but don't mistake it for them being 'simple'.   Most up there work in the Nuclear-Industry.

Having said all that, that is quite cheap for a car of that calibre.

Peter
IP Logged

I love 'Movvy'
1995 Jaguar XJ6 X300 3.2 (Henley)
1995 Jaguar XJ6 X330 4.0 (Dopey)
1957 Jaguar XK140 USA (converted to RHD, and to have fitted Mk10 420G Engine with BW 65 Auto Trans)
Matt

Manual'd and a 4.0 in the making

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Apr 18th, 2013, 4:59pm »

I ment no offence to anyone, just saying it doesnt sound right. Added to that is what dan said at the end of his post
IP Logged

FDS2000 Scans - Birmingham
Daniel

Best cars Ever!!!

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Apr 18th, 2013, 5:20pm »

I did notice the way the message was typed sounded like they were outside the uk but peters post does fit as an explanation  but the main worry was the dealer has not got this car for sale on his website and the way they ask to only continue via email? not sure really but the dealer is only 67 miles from Birmingham Huh  
I think i might pass on this one then
IP Logged

TiberiuS

Ex. 1996 2.3 Ultima - RIP P789 KHJ

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Apr 18th, 2013, 7:53pm »

Hi Dan, yep it's dodgy Wink A friend of mine was looking for an Astra SRi last year and she came across almost exactly the same thing, once on Autotrader then again on Gumtree - saw a 'nice' car selling for silly low price and emails almost identical to the way that one's written.

That time they said they were in Devon or somewhere and couldn't get to phone, but hey if you want to buy the car you could wire us a deposit Roll Eyes

Yep, sure Wink

She bought one at an auction in the end.

Bruce Smiley
IP Logged

Bruce - '07 Jaguar XKR coupe, '95 Jaguar XJ Sport 4.0, '82 Ford Capri 2.0 Ghia, '15 Honda Civic (sloooooww..)
a900one

A scorpio is for life not just for christmas

View Profile Email

« Reply #6 on: Apr 18th, 2013, 8:05pm »

Sounds like they want you away from your place so they can burgle it. Just a thought.
IP Logged
PJDavis

2 x 1995 Jag X300 3.2 / 4.0 (Henley)   1957 XK140

View Profile Email

« Reply #7 on: Apr 18th, 2013, 9:11pm »

on Apr 18th, 2013, 4:59pm, Matt wrote:
I ment no offence to anyone, just saying it doesnt sound right. Added to that is what dan said at the end of his post

Absolutely none taken Matt.   We're all friends in here as we all know.   You'll see my smiley face in the post.   In light of further posts I'd say it probably is/was dodgy right enough.   But I have heard of genuine people having difficulty selling their cars up North and offering to travel.   Also, we live in the largest region in the uk with the smallest population, which is great, but it means the local councils could give a stuff about the amenities, and that also goes for all those companies that provide mobile phone cover and internet speed!
IP Logged

I love 'Movvy'
1995 Jaguar XJ6 X300 3.2 (Henley)
1995 Jaguar XJ6 X330 4.0 (Dopey)
1957 Jaguar XK140 USA (converted to RHD, and to have fitted Mk10 420G Engine with BW 65 Auto Trans)
Daniel

Best cars Ever!!!

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Apr 19th, 2013, 9:17am »

Hi everyone  
Thanks for all the replies, we will stay clear of this one now. Cant believe what some people are up to  Roll Eyes  
Thanks Again  
Dan  Smiley
IP Logged

Dave2302

2006 Mercedes S55 AMG, Retired Barefoot Waterskier

View Profile Email

« Reply #9 on: Jun 17th, 2013, 10:38am »

Just seen this.................

I looked at buying property up top and know Thurso quite well, also some of the people................

I'd say they are probably genuine, although I don't understand the "Dealer" Logo bit

Cheers Dave
IP Logged

Dave "The 'ol Bear" ex Footer !
Andycan

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: Jun 17th, 2013, 11:04am »

HI just thought I would mention that I have seen that people are using this method to trick people out of their money and the police are aware of it but seem to have better things to do with their time than chase after the fraudsters.

Beware of things that seem to be to good to be true. Andy
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.