Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 30th, 2024, 10:18pm

Balance: £6.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Double Yellow Lines? »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Off Topic Subjects
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Double Yellow Lines?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Double Yellow Lines?  (Read 3499 times)
Daniel

Best cars Ever!!!

View Profile

Double Yellow Lines?
« on: Apr 28th, 2013, 7:16pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi all  
At around 2-3 pm today there was two huge bangs, so i looked out of the window and i saw a merc in the middle of the road smashed to bits and a neighbours 206 faceing the houses also smashed to bits and another neighbours car pushed around 30ft forwad. Now it seems the merc driver didnt realise the 206 was parked on the side of the road and jsut went straight into it, pushing it into the vw and the vw being moved a fiar distance. In the merc there were 2 kids one i would guess around 7-8 and one maybe 1-2 thankfully know one was hurt and the police tided up and that was that.  A few years ago my dads freind left his car on the side of the road and poped in for a quick visit and his car was smashed into by a stolen car and they ran off  Roll Eyes. What i would love to know is who would i need to see about double yellow lines being painted? Is it even possible for me to ask anyone? I know that one day someone will be hurt. Basically people park their cars in a lane. We havnit got speed bumps because  its a main linkk to the cov road and the police and ambulances go flying up there. Any ideas?  
Dan   Grin
IP Logged

98 Facelift 2.3 Cuirass Ghia Estate 170k miles
97 pre facelift 24v Silver Ultima Saloon 24k miles
lesterlad aka Rodders

2.3 Ghia x Estate (Manual)

View Profile Email

Re: Double Yellow Lines?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 28th, 2013, 7:35pm »

on Apr 28th, 2013, 7:16pm, Daniel wrote:
What i would love to know is who would i need to see about double yellow lines being painted? Is it even possible for me to ask anyone?  Any ideas?  

Yeah, pop in to B&Q and ask for a tin of yellow paint and a 4" paintbrush  
 Grin

Joking aside .....The people to approach concerning yellow lines and traffic calming I assume would be your local councils highways department.
IP Logged

There's are methods to my madness!!! I'm not sure what the methods are but there's definitely madness in them
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Apr 28th, 2013, 8:22pm »

on Apr 28th, 2013, 7:35pm, lesterlad aka Rodders wrote:

The people to approach concerning yellow lines and traffic calming I assume would be your local councils highways department.

Absolutely correct. Wink
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
PJDavis

2 x 1995 Jag X300 3.2 / 4.0 (Henley)   1957 XK140

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Apr 28th, 2013, 8:37pm »

I know someone that painted those double-yellows on the road outside his place and a few others in very realistic paint, and it worked!   No-one parked there again, and the council didn't notice for a very long time and when the council eventually removed the painted-on lines, people still didn't park there because the habit was gone!   The lines were painted at 3am in the morning in summer, no-one even noticed and when my friend was asked what he knew about it, he just said that the council did that this morning!   Wink Wink
IP Logged

I love 'Movvy'
1995 Jaguar XJ6 X300 3.2 (Henley)
1995 Jaguar XJ6 X330 4.0 (Dopey)
1957 Jaguar XK140 USA (converted to RHD, and to have fitted Mk10 420G Engine with BW 65 Auto Trans)
TiberiuS

Ex. 1996 2.3 Ultima - RIP P789 KHJ

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Apr 28th, 2013, 11:25pm »

Talking of speed bumps...Grin

The road where we live now has them, I can tell you they make no difference at all....the breed of person who thinks it's OK to do 40 or 50 along a residential side road will still do so, speed bumps or no speed bumps Undecided

I hate them on this road - I avoid driving on it so I have to make a long detour around other side streets every day I go to work or come home for lunch etc etc...which means a longer journey, stuck in more traffic etc.

I've lost count of the amount of times I've been tailgated and overtaken down this road when doing 15-20 mph, the frightening thing is when it's being overtaken by school run mum in giant MPV with 3 kids bouncing around without seatbelts in the back of the car Undecided

The people who tend to speed down those sorts of roads are the sort of people who don't give a monkeys about the damage they do to their car by going airbourne over speed humps at 50mph... Undecided

Last year we had a brilliant accident pretty much outside our house because someone went so fast they became airbourne over one of the humps and ended up upside down on top of our neighbour's car. That was an air ambulance jobbie, could've been much worse etc, but people never learn..

Bottom line - the only people who obey speed humps are the people who probably wouldn't speed anyway Wink

Ok, I'll get off my soapbox now Grin

Bruce.
IP Logged

Bruce - '07 Jaguar XKR coupe, '95 Jaguar XJ Sport 4.0, '82 Ford Capri 2.0 Ghia, '15 Honda Civic (sloooooww..)
lesterlad aka Rodders

2.3 Ghia x Estate (Manual)

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: Apr 29th, 2013, 10:05am »

on Apr 28th, 2013, 11:25pm, TiberiuS wrote:
Last year we had a brilliant accident pretty much outside our house because someone went so fast they became airbourne over one of the humps

Do you mean something  like this ? >  

How to make a speed hump the German way  Grin

http://www.maniacworld.com/how-to-make-a-speed-bump.html
IP Logged

There's are methods to my madness!!! I'm not sure what the methods are but there's definitely madness in them
Daniel

Best cars Ever!!!

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Apr 30th, 2013, 8:26pm »

Thanks for replys everyone, i think i will have to see if someone will listen because as i said someone will get hurt one day and if they could prevent that then that can only be good.  
Dan
IP Logged

98 Facelift 2.3 Cuirass Ghia Estate 170k miles
97 pre facelift 24v Silver Ultima Saloon 24k miles
TiberiuS

Ex. 1996 2.3 Ultima - RIP P789 KHJ

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: May 1st, 2013, 6:27pm »

on Apr 29th, 2013, 10:05am, lesterlad aka Rodders wrote:

Do you mean something  like this ? >

Exactly Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Wow, I want one of those Grin
IP Logged

Bruce - '07 Jaguar XKR coupe, '95 Jaguar XJ Sport 4.0, '82 Ford Capri 2.0 Ghia, '15 Honda Civic (sloooooww..)
big_neil

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

« Reply #8 on: May 20th, 2013, 4:58pm »

i had a few issues with double yellows,
at a bus stop, a car is always parked right at the stop itself on yellow lines,consequently the bus has to stop in the middle of the road,
i had a word with my local beat bobby ,
he said" it,s the councils problem"
the council said "it the police,s problem"
just who applies the law to this stupid arrangement ?
IP Logged
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: May 20th, 2013, 7:31pm »

It depends upon the set up locally. Some local authorities have wardens who are responsible for enforcing parking regs and thus remove the 'responsibility' from the Police. Equally the Police clearly have powers to deal with such situations and it should be quite clear where the responsibility lies.
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
big_neil

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

« Reply #10 on: May 21st, 2013, 12:35pm »

your right simmo, traffic wardens do the car parks and disc zones thro the day but at night all the clubbers park on yellow lines consequently the centre of carlisle is one huge car park,even the "no entry except for access" is packed,
i havn,t even mentioned the yellow lines o/s all the pizza shops, no body gives a stuff nowadays, just park where you want seems to be the norm
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.