Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 18th, 2024, 4:54am

Balance: £11.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Car value »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Off Topic Subjects
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Car value
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Car value  (Read 2263 times)
a900one

A scorpio is for life not just for christmas

View Profile Email

Car value
« on: Feb 4th, 2015, 6:59pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Just had my 98 2.9 cosworth valued by, We buy any car, the grand sum of, big drum roll, one hundred and thirtyfive pounds.  WOW Shocked Shocked. I have no plans to sell but just wondered what they would give.
IP Logged
Scorpio_Mike

Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0 V6 & 2.8 Sierra XR4i 4x4

View Profile

Re: Car value
« Reply #1 on: Feb 4th, 2015, 8:36pm »

Basically less than the scrap value...that is some sick joke... & watch out for the £49.99 admin fee which 'may apply'  Shocked
IP Logged

Star sign is Scorpio !
Sierra XR4i's are great...especially when fitted with 4WD Smiley
PJDavis

2 x 1995 Jag X300 3.2 / 4.0 (Henley)   1957 XK140

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Feb 4th, 2015, 10:57pm »

I'm very sorry to say so.   But hey, what is the value of a Scorpio?   Not much at all I'd say!   I've tried to sell Three Scorps, although none of them Cosworths.   In my opinion the Cosworth is over-powered, if you wanted a car with 'that' kind of power then go and get a 'hot-hatch' equivalent.   It's just a refined Granada, a much better car of course.   Like  us on here, the Scorpio is worth a lot because it's our car, if I crashed or wrote-off my Scorpio I'd be looking for another, but other people that have no conception of the car are hardly interested.   So as a seller, you'll get the square-root of feck-all!   I gave-away 'Aunty' (yes, gave-away!)   The dip-stick that I passed it onto was down on his luck and needed a car, he'd just scrapped his (supposed) beloved Scorpio, and wanted another.   All I got was complaints about how it needed this and that for an MOT!   (It needed a couple of front-flexi brake-lines)   Apparently £400 of work!  Any way, unfortunately gentlemen Scorpio's are worth nothing, I've tried to sell mine, and another as good, and Aunty on the open market AFTER, trying to sell on here, even for scrap and spares, NOTHING!   A Scorpio IS-NOT  a 'classic' car, it is NOT going to earn money for anyone, and we can all perhaps wish there is going to be some lottery-type-announcement that states like an E-Type Jag Scorpio's are now worth millions,             That aint going to happen.       What the Scorpio is, Well-built, Ford Flagship, lovely to drive in any form, better than ANY Granada!   More comfortable than ANY Jag (and I own Two Jags)   Easy to work on with the help of this fabulous site.   The 'Gal' says it has a great heater and great heated seats.   It's an icon for the people that love it.   Hey, but if you don't want one,  it's worth £135...................
IP Logged

I love 'Movvy'
1995 Jaguar XJ6 X300 3.2 (Henley)
1995 Jaguar XJ6 X330 4.0 (Dopey)
1957 Jaguar XK140 USA (converted to RHD, and to have fitted Mk10 420G Engine with BW 65 Auto Trans)
a900one

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Feb 5th, 2015, 1:42pm »

Well I think the prices have turned a corner, a 98 cosworth estate has just made £1300 on ebay with 150000 miles on the clock. Not long ago that would struggle to get 700-800.
IP Logged
Scorpio_Mike

Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0 V6 & 2.8 Sierra XR4i 4x4

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Feb 5th, 2015, 1:57pm »

I'm aware the 'Howmanyleft' website probably isn't 100% accurate but out of the 100,000 odd Scorpio's Ford made over the 4 year production life it would seem only around 31,000 were registered in the UK and the latest set of figures would point to around 2,000 remaining with slightly less than 50% of those on SORN.
https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/family/ford_scorpio
IP Logged

Star sign is Scorpio !
Sierra XR4i's are great...especially when fitted with 4WD Smiley
Pegasus

24V Cosworth  Ultima Born: Sept 97, sold Aug 23

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Feb 10th, 2015, 5:05pm »

And according to the latest Top Gear - they paid £1800 for a Scorp Cosworth hearse on an 'N' reg  Shocked
IP Logged

Go Go Go ...
a900one

View Profile Email

« Reply #6 on: Jan 18th, 2017, 6:46pm »

Its gone up, they will now pay £295. See I said values were on the up Grin Grin Grin.
IP Logged
Torbayboy

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Aug 28th, 2018, 7:56am »

Gone up!

Know its a 1 off, but the Y reg did the same!

Perhaps time to view Scorpios as an investment, not just a lovely car.

ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-GRANADA-SCORPIO-COSWORTH-24-V-58-000-MILES-FULL-SER VICE-HISTORY-/283110009198?nordt=true&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047 675.m43663.l10137

As of this morning the seller STILL has it on buy now at £4995 chheky  - or what.

Time will tell if it gets paid for and the MOT (after 43 months!) was a success, enbayers...don't you jest luv 'em.
IP Logged

Cosworth Scorpio only 46 on the road now NOW down to 42.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.