Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 26th, 2024, 10:20pm

Balance: £22.25
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« where have all the members gone »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Off Topic Subjects
(Moderators: Simmo, Baz, admin, scorpio_man, Highlander)
   where have all the members gone
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: where have all the members gone  (Read 949 times)
Torbayboy

View Profile

where have all the members gone
« on: Apr 23rd, 2019, 6:05pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Seems very quiet these days and many of the "stalwarts" have not posted for a while.
 Just say what others think... That's me

Roy
IP Logged

Cosworth Scorpio only 46 on the road now NOW down to 42.
PJDavis

2 x 1995 Jag X300 3.2 / 4.0 (Henley)   1957 XK140

View Profile Email

Re: where have all the members gone
« Reply #1 on: Apr 24th, 2019, 10:35pm »

Fewer Scorpio's = fewer members.   As we all know, the model is worth very little, and will probably never be a stalwart like an MGB, or horror-of-all-horrors, a Triumph Stag.   I had a Stag many years ago..........rubbish, and couldn't wait to get rid.   Even the previous model commands nothing in price and it was favoured above the Scorpio.   Only now some mk1's in extraordinary condition are starting to raise a few eyebrows.........but in each model case, the car would need to be completely pristine, before it would be looked at for anything more than about £1500.   Prices on classic-car forecourts might suggest the mark is on the up, but that's only the asking price...............who knows the selling-price?   All these so-called classic cars are soon going to come to a resounding halt, when fuel is no-longer available.   I know of at least Six collectors, who are now starting to dissemble their collections, to try and gain the money whilst prices are still high, it won't be for much longer.    Only the VERY rich will hold onto their Aston-Martins, or E-types, or XK150's, and then even...............where are they going to drive them.   Collectors will always 'collect' cars, but for me, my cars need to be driven, and where will I be able to get and afford fuel to drive them?     So for the vast majority of us, older cars will be forced-out of the market, unless they are absolutely 'collector-type' condition, other than that...........they're scrap! I have this exact problem with Two very common easy to buy Jaguars.   But I don't care because I run my cars hard and fast, despite the fuel-consumption, and the fact that I run them on 100 octane fuel.   Sot here is no point in thinking that any Scorpio, or Jaguar XJ6 is worth anything, or will increase in value, we should all realise we run these cars for the love of running them..................only.
IP Logged

I love 'Movvy'
1995 Jaguar XJ6 X300 3.2 (Henley)
1995 Jaguar XJ6 X330 4.0 (Dopey)
1957 Jaguar XK140 USA (converted to RHD, and to have fitted Mk10 420G Engine with BW 65 Auto Trans)
QuentinG

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Apr 24th, 2019, 11:34pm »

Well, I'm feeling quite positive about mine at the moment, it is in use daily due to a failure on my main car, and did its longest trip so far today on business, 50+ miles. I tried to take it to its first show on Sunday but was defeated by the queue heading to the Witterings. However I am about to book it in to two more shows in the summer. I recommended this site to someone on Facebook interested in recommissioning his Grandad's car
IP Logged
Torbayboy

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Apr 25th, 2019, 5:06pm »

Hi again,

Thanks for the responses, felt I was all alone (but still have my Scorpios')

Interesting point from Peter, start stockpiling petrol now Shocked  at least you can hear a petrol car coming-feel sorry for those being run over by the quiet electric cars, how long before electric and batteries to run these go through the roof pricewise (probably due to greedy goverment causing inflation policies).

Any in Devon this year give me a shout perchance a meet up with Movvy and the rest Cool
IP Logged

Cosworth Scorpio only 46 on the road now NOW down to 42.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.