Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 1st, 2024, 2:22pm

Balance: £6.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Ultima 12V alarm/immobiliser etc. »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Ultima 12V alarm/immobiliser etc.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Ultima 12V alarm/immobiliser etc.  (Read 2195 times)
allan_w

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

Ultima 12V alarm/immobiliser etc.
« on: Mar 25th, 2004, 7:20pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi everone, any of you lads got a scorp. that gives 3 silent indicator flashes after double clicking/locking with the remote but only when it feels like it!! Also a "boot open" indicator that comes on at random (where is the switch/sensor)?that I believe may be causing false car alarms. One more point, the L E D on top of the dash never flashes?   Great forum lads! have picked up loads of excellent info. cheers.
IP Logged

200,000+mls and more every day.
Badboytunes

Email

Re: Ultima 12V alarm/immobiliser etc.
« Reply #1 on: Mar 25th, 2004, 8:27pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hi M8 what year is your scorp?? Mine is 1995 and does not flash indicators. The led ontop of dash is related to the immobiliser so im told?? Does your alarm work?

Cheers Nick Wink
IP Logged
urbanracer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Mar 25th, 2004, 8:48pm »

The dash light comes on when you superlock,press remote twice.

Joe
IP Logged
Alan

I Love My Cosi

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 25th, 2004, 11:13pm »

Hi there

The LED on the dash should come on when you lock the doors with the remote pressed once and if pressed twice you should here a faint noise like the double locking motors kicking in.  
I have a 95 ultuma and I havent got flashing indicators but if you want them to flash you could ask your local Fords garage to hook you up to their computer and they will program it, depending on year and model of course.  Check first how much they are going to charge you, Or PM J Austin (I believe) and he is making a device that will cause your indicators to flash and cause a speaker to bleep; aswell.
Have a look in the side menus under mods. I think and it is there.

Hope that was of some use anyway

Alan Grin Grin
IP Logged

I have a 95 cosi and I love it
allan_w

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Mar 26th, 2004, 10:48am »

Thanks for replies lads.  1. car is a 96 2.9 12v ultima.  2. the indicator lights have always given 3 flashes after double clicking until a few days ago. 3. the car alarm was sounding (falsely) again last week, however since indicators stopped giving 3 flashes car false alarms aso stopped!?4. does anyone know where "boot open" switch/sensor is located as I think they could all be linked somehow?Sorry one more question, there is 1 hydraulic tappet continuously tapping away at all speeds all others are silent! Does anyone know where I can access a diagram for the later 12v engine showing the layout of cylinder heads pushrods tappets etc? Apart from that for a 202,000+miles car she runs well with everthing but the dreaded climate control (mind of its own) working as it should. I seem to like high milers  230,000mile volvo 740 estate.180.000peuget 205turbo diesel 203,000 rover418turbo diesel(peuget engine) just shows what using good quality oil/filters changed at correct times can atchieve!
IP Logged

200,000+mls and more every day.
Eddie

Must try a different shampoo!

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Mar 26th, 2004, 3:16pm »

The failure to flash syndrome after a spate of false alarms has happened to me,so far I havn't found out the cause.Its been 6 months now.
Everything else continues to be normal,double locking etc and the pats light on top of dash doesnt indicate any problems.

eddie
IP Logged
allante

1996 24v Scorpio Saloon

allante666  
View Profile Email

« Reply #6 on: Mar 27th, 2004, 12:28am »

Im just guessing but i would imagine the boot switch is built in to the catch on the boot lid
IP Logged

"Hell hath no fury like a Cosworth scorned!"
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.