Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 18th, 2024, 9:32pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Stalling on 2.9 24V Ultima 1997 »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Stalling on 2.9 24V Ultima 1997
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Stalling on 2.9 24V Ultima 1997  (Read 670 times)
IainH

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

Stalling on 2.9 24V Ultima 1997
« on: Mar 29th, 2004, 4:49pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hope someone can help with this problem as the local Ford dealership either can't or won't fix it even though the fault is non-random and repeatable.  In a nutshell, the car will stall when warm after having been parked for between 20 minutes to 50 minutes, depending on outside temperature.  Most often happens when, eg nipping into Tescos fore half-an-hour.  When returning to the car, if the temp gauge is still on or around normal, the car will start OK but within 60 to 90 seconds it will always stall.  If you start the car again it will stall again after about 60 - 90 seconds.  If you try to drive away without letting it stall and then re-starting, it will stall while you are driving out of the car-park!  When you start it again and continue driving, it will then be OK until the next time you park up for the same period of time.  I can repeat this fault ad-nausem.  However the main Ford dealer 'can't find the problem' - this was after charging me a fortune for 4 new 'Hego??' sensors which did not cure the problem. The car is otherwise a very good runner and never fails to start.  Any ideas from anyone who knows about Cozzies?
IP Logged
Mick Saunders

Hi to all you Scorpions.

View Profile Email

Re: Stalling on 2.9 24V Ultima 1997
« Reply #1 on: Mar 29th, 2004, 5:38pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

SmileyHi Iain,
    I dont know about any one else but this could point to a fuel supply problem. Have you checked the main fuel filter from the tank, and replaced it?.Its under the rear left of car, by the fuel tank. Another problem could be the fuel lines loosing fuel pressure whilst parked. This has happened to me. Is there a smell of petrol no matter how slight. It could also be a problem of a fuel system pipe joints expanding with the heat. and closing up when the temprature drops. It also seems as if it using the last dregs of fuel in the line before the pump catches up.
Hope I havent given to many problem senarios.
Mick.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.