Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 1st, 2024, 4:19am

Balance: £6.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Cruise control not working »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Cruise control not working
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Cruise control not working  (Read 855 times)
geraghtyg

2001 XG25

View Profile Email

Cruise control not working
« on: Mar 31st, 2004, 10:10am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi
Yesterday I took delivery of a '98 facelift 2.3 Ultima with auto box. Its a smashing car to drive. However, the cruise control does not work. The cruise control light does not come on either. I have noticed that the steering wheel is not straight (ie: when driving in a straight line, the wheel looks like it is turning a little to the left) and was wondering if some one had done some sort of work on the steering wheel? Could there simply be a lose connection at the wheel?
On a different matter, when lowering the passenger window, about a third of the way down is stops with a kind of rubbing noise, like as if there is something stopping the glass from moving down. Any ideas on this too.
All in all, a fantastic and hopefully I'll have many years of trouble free cruising - My last car was a Xantia so I am used to the odd niggly problem. It's the ride isn't as silky smooth as the Xantia though but those leather seats more than make up for it  Grin
IP Logged

Graham G, Dublin, Ireland
Pauleo

Ultima Estate 2.9 12v

View Profile

HRe: Cruise control not working
« Reply #1 on: Mar 31st, 2004, 11:57am »

Hi
The steering wheel to the left could simply be that the tracking has been done with the steering wheel off centre or the tracking has been knocked out.The wheel only goes on in one place so can't have been put back wrong.
The cruise control seems to crop up regularly on here.
Try this:
1.Press 'on' on left of wheel followed immediately by '+', this should bring the light on.
2.At the desired speed press and hold '+' again, and you should feel the accelerator pedal go from under your right foot.

Let us know how you get on

Pauleo
IP Logged
geraghtyg

2001 XG25

View Profile Email

Re: Cruise control not working
« Reply #2 on: Mar 31st, 2004, 12:31pm »

Thanks a million for the advice Pauleo. I will try that on the motorway on my way home from work this evening and I'll let you know tomorrow how I get on.

Graham
IP Logged

geraghtyg

2001 XG25

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Apr 1st, 2004, 3:36pm »

Thanks Pauleo

After following your advice, the cruise is working fine - Just have to get the passenger window fixed now.

Graham
IP Logged

Pauleo

Ultima Estate 2.9 12v

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Apr 1st, 2004, 8:11pm »

Glad to be of service.

I had a window on my old Granada that got stuck , without taking the door panel off don't think you'll solve it.Probably glass is not in runner probably, happens if you try to open window when the glass is frozen shut in the winter, motor moves but glass doesn't.Someome will  correct me if I'm wrong.

Paul
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.