Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 1st, 2024, 4:17am

Balance: £6.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« diesel Turbo charger »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   diesel Turbo charger
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: diesel Turbo charger  (Read 678 times)
gilly

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

diesel Turbo charger
« on: Apr 2nd, 2004, 8:12pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi. Scorpio fans. My baby 2.5 diesel ultimas engine dropped a valve and emptying my bank account I paid for a recon engine ,from the day I got it back the engine was a little noisy then days later a whistling began and engine was rattling. I took it back to garage as white smoke was coming from the exhaust and mechanic said my turbo has blown the swap engine up.  I am heartbroken as I have to find £400/£500 for turbo as he will only use a recon or new one. Is this possible that my turbo(i'd never had problems with) could have ruined this engine. Being female I am a bit in the dark about these things. HELP PLEASE!  Sad
IP Logged
craig

Email

Re:  diesel Turbo charger
« Reply #1 on: Apr 3rd, 2004, 8:55am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

hi gilly

firstly if you need a new turbo £400.00 is quite expensive,try phoning a company called universal turbos,think they are bournemouth way,have used them on several occassions on previous cars,and never had a problem,but back to your question,IF the turbo was fine before the engine problems,i cant see why it should have a problem now,unless when the garage fitted it to the new engine,they did something wrong,(not bleeding it first,damaged the balance etc.etc.),and if the turbo was at fault before,i dont think this would of caused your engine problems,you would of noticed a significant loss in power,possibly smoke from the exhaust,and certainly a whistling noise,all of this is apparent now that the turbo does need reconditioning,but not before,i would advise a trip back to the garage,and see what they have got to say....

hope this makes some sense to you..

craig..
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.