Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 19th, 2024, 12:56am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« cd player 2040 »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   cd player 2040
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: cd player 2040  (Read 746 times)
busty

Hi

View Profile

cd player 2040
« on: Apr 4th, 2004, 9:08pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Can anyone tell me HOW to enter the code in a 2040 cd player please. I had to swop battery and I have the codes but I cant figure out how to enter the code into the cd player. Thanks Jayne
IP Logged
George

ash black 2.3 16v ghia     134000miles

319860866 319860866    
View Profile Email

Re: cd player 2040
« Reply #1 on: Apr 4th, 2004, 10:10pm »

hi jayne is the 2040 a cd player on its own or do you have a head unit above it if so what model is it and i will see if i can help
IP Logged
allante

1996 24v Scorpio Saloon

allante666  
View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Apr 4th, 2004, 10:26pm »

I think it was a standalone unit George.
Jayne, im guessing here but its usually with the station presets, set the first number with preset one, second with two and so on and then press 5 to store it. the other way they did it was to select the first digit with preset one and then alter it with the up/down arrows.
Mind you, if you try the first way and it dont work, just be careful as most of them have a lockout mode after so many tries, usually ten but dont quote me.
however, Im sure someone with a 2040 will be along any minute to put us right!  Wink

Andy
IP Logged

"Hell hath no fury like a Cosworth scorned!"
daven

Email

« Reply #3 on: Apr 5th, 2004, 7:42am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Think this was cured via the mailing list!

Cheers

Daven
IP Logged
busty

Hi

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Apr 9th, 2004, 10:00am »

Hi all,  Roll Eyes Thanks for replies. The CD unit 2040 has a head unit over the top of it. That is 2008. I can enter the code in the head unit no probs but when I come to enter the code in the cd unit I just cant do it. The code is entered via the AMS ket etc and not via the head unit presets. I can enter the first, second and fourth digit but when I try to enter the third digit it changes the second digit...does that make sense to you guys? eg the code is 8546 so I can enter the 8 and the 5 and 6 ok, but when I try to enter the 4 the 5 changes to anything. I must be doing something wrong. I need a handbook. PS Mine is a scorpio 2 litre M reg with leather seats etc. The only problem it has is the cruise control blows the fuse that controls the indicators when I use it, so I dont use it. lol. Wink
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.