Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 19th, 2024, 6:21am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« 2L 16 v auto gearbox »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   2L 16 v auto gearbox
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 2L 16 v auto gearbox  (Read 615 times)
senica34

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

2L 16 v auto gearbox
« on: Apr 16th, 2004, 6:31pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Can anyone help please. A few days ago I started to have the overdrive panel light flash I stopped the car re-started everything was fine for a few days. Then it happened again and I noticed the speedo was not working carried on driving and the speedo came back to life and the O|D light went out, It has happened a few more times since. Having read other posts about O|D light flashing as anyone had the speedo stop working if so any ideas. I take it the speedo supplies the info re gear changing etc  to the gear box
Thanks for any help
IP Logged
JohnJ

98 2.3 Ultima

View Profile Email

Re: 2L 16 v auto gearbox
« Reply #1 on: Apr 16th, 2004, 7:21pm »

The spped sensor on the gearbox may be starting to give a little trouble, the OD flasing indicates a fault with the transmission in this case a bad signal from the speed sensor.....not sure how to change them or where they are exactly located but snoopy will be hot on my trail Grin

JJ
IP Logged
bertie

Email

« Reply #2 on: Apr 16th, 2004, 7:31pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

sounds like the speed sensor as john says....it's located in the tailshaft of the gearbox. passsenger side if I remember rightly...usually beneath the heat shields if still fitted. cost from ford is about £50 but it's a 1 bolt unplug exercise and refit....30 minutes tops to do.

Infact if you are going to Derby next month, I've got a nearly new one in the garage I'll bring down...

simon
IP Logged
senica34

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Apr 17th, 2004, 6:51pm »

Dear John/Bertie
Thanks very much for your advice. The car went into limp mode first thing this morning but later corrected its self and ran normally but the speed sensor is obviously on its way out. Bertie thanks very much for the offer of your spare sensor but I need to get it fixed before next month. Once again for your help.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.