Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 19th, 2024, 12:36pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Faulty speaker »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Faulty speaker
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Faulty speaker  (Read 380 times)
geraghtyg

2001 XG25

View Profile Email

Faulty speaker
« on: May 12th, 2004, 2:36pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have noticed that the woofer part of my rear passenger side speaker is not working. The tweeter works ok so the wiring is fine. I tried swapping round the two back speakers too. Anyone know how much a new speaker is? The current ones are only 20W. Are there are more powerful ones available by Ford. I would rather get Ford brand speakers as they would fit in the existing space currently available. I would get aftermarket ones if they would fit nicely into the space already there.
IP Logged

Graham G, Dublin, Ireland
craig

Email

Re: Faulty speaker
« Reply #1 on: May 12th, 2004, 3:54pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I THINK !!!!!!!!
the hole if i remember is 10x8,the majority of parcel  shelf speakers also come in at 10x8,so you do have quite a few options,the original speakers should be plenty powerfull enough for the original ford stereo set up,are you going to run the same stereo or are you contemplating changing that as well ?

if you decide to replace the rear speaker with an identical ford replacement,you could always try the breakers yard
IP Logged
geraghtyg

2001 XG25

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: May 12th, 2004, 4:23pm »

I might check out a few aftermarket 10x8's to see what sort of price I am looking at. I plan on keeping the original 7000 stereo as 1) It was fitted brand new into the car which I only bought a few weeks ago as the LCD was not working in the original 7000 series.
2) I want to keep use of the steering wheel remote
3) I have no money to get a new stereo

I might check around at the breakers yard for speakers. I doubt I would find any Scorpios in a breakers yard over in Ireland although there may be a few Granadas. I saw a 1993 Granada Scorpio Cosworth last week at the loacl Lidl and it had the same rear speakers as mine. Are all the Granada speakers the same as the Scorpios? They look like fairly modern speakers and I can't imagine being fitted in a Granada from the 80's.
IP Logged

Graham G, Dublin, Ireland
Paul B

'98 24V Ultima saloon

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: May 12th, 2004, 6:32pm »

I would have to go away and check part numbers to tell you if the Granada ones are the same - couldn't say off the top of my head. But I do remember that the Scorpio ones are about 40 quid new.

Paul
IP Logged

Two hundred & seven horses and only one jockey!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.