Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 19th, 2024, 2:17pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« I am new and have a few gremlins! »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   I am new and have a few gremlins!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: I am new and have a few gremlins!  (Read 779 times)
lucas

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

I am new and have a few gremlins!
« on: May 12th, 2004, 2:41pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Firstly, what an excellent site, all the info and wiring/fuse diagrams are first class!

Now business, i bought a 2.5td ultima this weekend and for the most part am thrilled with it, but being a perfectionist i want it 100%

The big things for me are

rear door behind drivers does not open at all and i cannot strip it down until its open, so how do i go about this?
then
the cd player does not work, it did once but either comes up with error two or check disc!
Also the remote for the central locking does nothing, i have replaced the batteries but still nothing

im syre there is more but if i could fix these things i would be a happy man

kind regards

Lucas
IP Logged
john.n

I love my cossie

View Profile Email

Re: I am new and have a few gremlins!
« Reply #1 on: May 12th, 2004, 3:54pm »

The remote should be repairable-there is a page dedicated to this.Rear door does seem to be a problem. Maybe someone else can help. Welcome!! john.n Wink
IP Logged
craig

Email

« Reply #2 on: May 12th, 2004, 4:00pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

regarding the cd player,are the connections intact both behind the unit (easy to pull out),and on the disc changer it's self ?,regarding the remote,as john says whole host of info on this.....
have you tried cleaning it and re-programming it,re-programme it by the site instructions,the handbook ones may not be right
IP Logged
Snoopy
Administrator

Very old.BAD tempered and missing friends.

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: May 13th, 2004, 7:32am »

With regards the rear door Make sure the multi pin plug connecting all the electrics to the door is seated correctly,  but you should be able to get the door card off without removing the doors although I have not tried this myself... One question has the rear door ever opened? or didn't you open it before you bought the car.....?

Other might have more ideas but will keep thinking.....

Cheers
Snoopy
IP Logged

HELP the FORUM.Please DONATE
lucas

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: May 13th, 2004, 9:35am »

thanks for all the replys, have now sorted the remote, the little connector on the back was bent the wrong way, with regards to the door It did open once but not since and the cd player is in pieces as it does not appear to rotate the cd for a yet unknown reason

Lucas
IP Logged
ron_c

Why did I buy this thing????

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: May 13th, 2004, 5:21pm »

Hi Lucas,

Re - CD player. Yo're a brave man to take that to pieces. A Bit of info...  The first thing a CD player does is to try to focus on the CD. If it can't do that it will nort normally even try to rotate the disc. In fact, it usually does taht to try to find out if there is a disc in. It will only try for about a couple of seconds and then gives up. Normally, you can tell when it's trying because a little lens thingy bobs up and down and can make a gentle clicking noise. This will be initiated by convincing it that you have just given it simething to look at. You may have to be inventive! If it,s doing that, try cleaning the lens - be careful and use a cotton bud and pure alcahol. Meths, gin or vodka will definitely not do! You can get kits for as little as a quid. If it still will not do it it's probably something horrible like the laser and you should take the sensible option - get a replacement unit. Sorry.

Good luck,

Ron
IP Logged
howiedintheplace

Based near Evesham

View Profile Email

« Reply #6 on: May 13th, 2004, 6:39pm »

Regards CD player I agree with Ron + if the player thinks there is no CD try pushing the little turntable thing back up the spindle a bit, away from the laser. After years of use the thing slowly gets closer & closer to the laser until it can not focus on the disc anymore.
Becareful to push up square otherwise the disc will not spin true & you will get drop outs in the sound. Be very careful when cleaning the laser it's really delicate.
IP Logged

Dave
Paul B

'98 24V Ultima saloon

View Profile Email

« Reply #7 on: May 13th, 2004, 6:59pm »

This door... what have you tried exactly?
They can stick a bit if not opened for a while, and maybe the child lock is on(?)   How about getting someone to give a friendly nudge from the inside while you do the handle outside?
Sorry if you've already done this.

Paul
IP Logged

Two hundred & seven horses and only one jockey!
allante

1996 24v Scorpio Saloon

allante666  
View Profile Email

« Reply #8 on: May 14th, 2004, 6:55am »

Regards the cd player and speaking as an ex electronics engineer, I havent had one of these particular units apart but the laser on some slides along on rails. when you put a disc in it has to read the TOC (table of contents) which is at the centre of the disc.  It may be that it is focussing and finding the disc but due to these rails being gummy it cant slide far enough towards the centre to get the info.
If you do clean the lens, like they say, use either a cotton bud or better still a chamois video/audio head cleaning stick BUT..use as little pressure as is humanly possible as the lens assembly is balanced on a spring type system and the slightest bit too hard and it will throw it all out.

If thats any help Smiley
IP Logged

"Hell hath no fury like a Cosworth scorned!"
lucas

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: May 14th, 2004, 7:33pm »

There is a lot of wires and stuff in there!
I have decided that, the problem is the cd player does noy spin the disc and i am about to determin weather it is because there is no/ not enough downward pressure on the cd and the drive is just slipping

My old man is into electronics and that kind of stuff so it will mostly be his job i think!

Thanks guys

Lucas
IP Logged
ren

95 N 2.9 24v Cossie Estate

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: May 14th, 2004, 9:28pm »

Hi

regards the rear door  if someone has tried
 to open the door i e lift the handle when
 the central locking is unbolting the door
 the operation on that door stops and that
 door stays bolted  to reset  disconnect
 battery for 1/2 hour reconnect /central lock
 the doors then unlock  and door should open

hth  Ren
IP Logged
lucas

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: May 16th, 2004, 11:13am »

Thanks ren i will give that a try
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.