Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 19th, 2024, 4:33pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« keys help locked out! »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   keys help locked out!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: keys help locked out!  (Read 838 times)
sparrrky

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

keys help locked out!
« on: Sep 7th, 2004, 2:55pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

hi everyone , im new on here, i have a problem , i recently bought a scorpio , with it came 2 keys the red one and black one, i also got a key fob, that i knew didnt work (was told it needs looking at, re programming?) however both keys will start the car and both will open the boot, both will lock the car but none will open it?? i have been to ford and they recommend  a new key cut as they say the keys wear out and wont open doors, they dont look worn. but im puzzled as to why it wont open them, i have tried both doors and zippo! i rang the guy who i got the car off he said both were fine !! i dont think so! i cant go back to him cos its too far away (plus i cant get in) and i like the car, any body got any ideas, (cheap ones) please no one say break the window, this wont solve future problems!! pretty dissapointed as you can imagine, i know what you are probably thinking but hey guys how many people check to see if the keys open and lock the doors when buying a car, they are normally open when you arrive,  please help
IP Logged
john.n

I love my cossie

View Profile Email

Re: keys help locked out!
« Reply #1 on: Sep 7th, 2004, 3:42pm »

Any ford key wil lock the car. Did they work when you collected the car? You will be surprised how many people dont check. I will try to get some info for you and will send a pm if i can help. I suppose you have tried wriggling them and are turning the key the correct way? john.n Huh
IP Logged
sparrrky

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Sep 7th, 2004, 4:02pm »

Hi john, yes i tried wiggling the right way, that dosnt do anything, but i managed to get into the car via the boot, ive opened the doors, but now i dare not lock it as i wont be able to get back in. apart from doing what ive just done (i wont say how ) ive been out to see if the batterys in the key fob are ok and they are "virtually brand new" so how do i check if the key fob is programmed to the key? and how do i program it? the key fob is the black3 buttoned type the top left is 2 padlock symbols, the right side is a single padlock symbol and the bottom one is a picture of a car with a boot lid open.
IP Logged
Vulcan

Email

« Reply #3 on: Sep 7th, 2004, 4:20pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Here is a link to how to program the remote..

http://www.fordscorpio.co.uk/remote.htm

If it works you should hear the chime, this presumes the remote is in full working order.

hth

George
IP Logged
sparrrky

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Sep 7th, 2004, 4:23pm »

THANK YOU VERY MUCH  
GEORGE. YOU DONT KNOW WHERE I CAN FIND DETAILS ABOUT A SCORPIO HANDBOOK DO YOU, SO I CAN LOOK AT THE INDEX. INSTEAD OF ORDERING ONE FROM THE DEALER.  
THANKS
IP Logged
daven

Email

« Reply #5 on: Sep 7th, 2004, 4:26pm »

On the main site - http://www.fordscorpio.co.uk/handbook.htm

Daven
IP Logged
sparrrky

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Sep 7th, 2004, 4:32pm »

Oh wow thanks guys!  

this is a great site!  

i just read the programming of the remote fob,, ford wanted me to book car in to sort it!!  

im gonna try programming so i,ll let you guys know how i get on, thanks again.
IP Logged
sparrrky

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Sep 7th, 2004, 7:30pm »

special thanks to george ,daven and john, i am now able to open and lock the car and also have the remote fob programmed in. i now understand why the dealer wanted me to book the car in! (easy money)..  
that remote boot release is cool!
IP Logged
Badboytunes

Email

« Reply #8 on: Sep 7th, 2004, 10:15pm »

Hi Sparky,,,,,,,, welcome to the force son. This is a good site with alot of friendly people on here. Always loads happening and people willing to  offer advice. Enjoy the site and ENJOY THE CAR....

Cheers Nick Wink
IP Logged
john.n

I love my cossie

View Profile Email

« Reply #9 on: Sep 8th, 2004, 9:31am »

Wel done Sparky. I presume that you still hav,nt solved the key problem though? Ps. was getting into the car something to do with wires at the rear? My mate in the AA. has given me instructions-as used by them to "effect entry" as they call it. john.n Smiley
IP Logged
john.n

I love my cossie

View Profile Email

« Reply #10 on: Sep 8th, 2004, 9:33am »

Well done Sparky. I presume that you still hav,nt solved the key problem though? Ps. was getting into the car something to do with wires at the rear? My mate in the AA. has given me instructions-as used by them to "effect entry" as they call it. john.n Smiley
IP Logged
john.n

I love my cossie

View Profile Email

« Reply #11 on: Sep 8th, 2004, 9:34am »

Sorry about the last post guys, i was correcting my spelling mistake ans did,nt realise i had allready posted. john.n
IP Logged
Danny_R

97 Ford Crown Vic 4.6L V8 ,88 Mercury GM 5.0L V8

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: Sep 8th, 2004, 9:58am »

Hey guys, I don’t know about anyone else but I have also heard something along the lines of unlocking the car ELECTRONICALLY from the rear end. I don’t know exactly what it is but I know I don’t like the idea of knowing someone in the know-how could do it!!!

if Anyone knows this electronic trick, please could they send me an email or private message detailing it (please do not post on here as I don’t want it public knowledge), its just if there is a weakness, I want to get rid of it.  

Thanks and kind regards.

A very security conscious (Danny R)

IP Logged
sparrrky

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: Sep 8th, 2004, 8:17pm »

Hi John N ,  

no i still havnt got the key problem sorted yet , but at least i can lock and unlock them now, (with remote) i have been to a place who says that if i take the lock down to them with the key i have , they will retumble the lock to suit my key! has anyone heard of this before?  
as for getting into the boot, it was not done electronically, but again wont say  how  Winkon here for obvious reasons!
IP Logged
Vulcan

Email

« Reply #14 on: Sep 8th, 2004, 9:35pm »

There is a page on the main website which shows you how to rebuild the locks but it is missing in action at the moment. Sad I have it backed up and am going to send it to Admin to put it back up.
You can read your key number and there are 4 ..for want of a better word.. tumblers that correspond to the cuts on the key, rebuilding the locks doesn't look that difficult.
The page should be back soon I shouldn't wonder... Grin
IP Logged
sparrrky

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #15 on: Sep 9th, 2004, 6:35am »

thats great george, thanks, i will keep watching to see when the link returns.. if there are only 4 tumblers. hopefully i can manage to do it, as i would like to be able to get in via a key should the remote break.
has anyone had experience doing this before or do you think its best left to the locksmith?
IP Logged
john.n

I love my cossie

View Profile Email

« Reply #16 on: Sep 9th, 2004, 8:27am »

Rebuilding the lock is,nt too bad. Getting it out of the door is tricky though, as it is awkward removing the connections. john.n Wink
IP Logged
Eddie

Must try a different shampoo!

View Profile

« Reply #17 on: Sep 9th, 2004, 2:26pm »

Have you tried pushing the key hard INTO the lock whilst trying to turn it? Dont try to turn too hard though,dont want to damage it!

eddie
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.