Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 19th, 2024, 4:34pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« C/C Hysteresis »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   C/C Hysteresis
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: C/C Hysteresis  (Read 770 times)
ADroste

S-Type 2.7D SE 2008 replaced Scorpio 2.3 Ult.1998

View Profile Email

C/C Hysteresis
« on: Sep 12th, 2004, 6:07pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

C/C system delivers too cold air, if set to 22°C. Even setting temperature on both sides to 25°C does not convince the blower to supply warm air. With a setting of 26°C and higher on both sides I can enforce a warmer stream. Outside temperature is 19°C to 21°C. I performed a C/C reset apparently wiithout success.

Reading the C/C pages several times very carefully has not given me an understanding of how the system achieves a warm car in winter. Especially it is not clear to me, how the heat of the (engine) radiator circuit is mixed with the refrigerant circuit respectively, which electronically controlled valve is responsible for the mixture. Is cold and hot air mixed or are different temperatured fluids mixed, which both enter the evaporator block? It cannot be only the HBC, which is controlled by the SATC microcontroller.

Armin
IP Logged
Snoopy
Administrator

Very old.BAD tempered and missing friends.

View Profile Email

Re: C/C Hysteresis
« Reply #1 on: Sep 13th, 2004, 8:22am »

In the very of siplistic terms.. the car has a refrigerantion system which cools and DEHUMIDIFIES, and a 'normal' heater... when you want warm air the system take the  cool dry air and then directs it over the heater matrix..... so with the CC on the inside of the car will never mist up .. If the ambient temp is high then the system sensors will read this and adjust the air temperatures accordingly.... Its well worth studying the diagrams of the heater matrix to see how the WHOLE system works...
I hope this explains it for you....
IP Logged

HELP the FORUM.Please DONATE
ADroste

S-Type 2.7D SE 2008 replaced Scorpio 2.3 Ult.1998

View Profile Email

Re: C/C Hysteresis
« Reply #2 on: Sep 13th, 2004, 8:28pm »

on Sep 13th, 2004, 8:22am, Snoopy wrote:
.. If the ambient temp is high then the system sensors will read this and adjust the air temperatures accordingly...
I hope this explains it for you....

Not completely, but I now now that no liquid flows but air flows are mixed to achieve the preset "room" temperature.  
Thanks for this help.

What is still open is the question, what is the actuator in this control system. It seems that it is a DC Motor with gearbox plus a position sensor, all together attached to an air flap. The motordriven flap will have two end positions: 1) only cooled air 2) only heated air enterring the interiour. Flap in the middle means a 50% mixture of both, and depending on the preset temperature value, presumingly the SATC module will turn the flap a little bit more in one direction or to the other by activating the motor-gearbox unit.  Am I delirious?

Armin
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.