Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 19th, 2024, 6:24pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« memory seats ?????? »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   memory seats ??????
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: memory seats ??????  (Read 579 times)
craig

Email

memory seats ??????
« on: Sep 13th, 2004, 4:55pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

firstly this is a bl**dy mystery to me Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

right then,have 2 remotes (me and wifey),have been programmed to the car correctly i believe (well they both work fine)......
here's the problemo if i dont use the car for a few days,then unlock the car with my remote,the seats and mirrors go to a totally different position Huh,get in the car,select position 1 on the door and nothing happens,have to re-programme the seats and mirrors again Angry......

,if i use the car (or wifey),say every day,or 2 no problems......
doing me head in,any idea's   Huh Huh Huh

craig..
IP Logged
Nodge

Email

Re: memery seats ??????
« Reply #1 on: Sep 13th, 2004, 10:14pm »

This may have nothing to do with it but I find if  I don't drive my Scorpio for a few days the onboard computer for fuel consumption resets back to litres and the tripometer goes back to zero. I tend not to use the remote so I don't know if the seat memory is resetting.  Apparently this is due to a partially flat battery or possibly the first signs of a faulty battery failing to hold it's charge.  

Someone else on the forum may know better than me.

Nodge
IP Logged
craig

Email

Re: memery seats ??????
« Reply #2 on: Sep 14th, 2004, 6:50am »

thanks nodge....
yep new battery fitted about 3 months ago now,had all the dials going here there and everywhere,so changed that,funny that it has only started happening in the last few days Huh Huh Huh
thanks anyway

craig..
IP Logged
Badboytunes

Email

Re: memory seats ??????
« Reply #3 on: Sep 14th, 2004, 7:50am »

Could just be a quirk of the scorpio to keep your mind working Craig..    But it is a pain aint it.....

Cheers Nick
IP Logged
JohnJ

98 2.3 Ultima

View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: Sep 14th, 2004, 8:40am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

After a 48 hours or so dosent the system go into powersave mode, where the alarm is shut down, maybe theres a problem with the module, not only does it get shut down but looses all its memory to!

Does your drivers window have the full auto up and down feature when this happens?

Could be a dodgy door module.

JJ
IP Logged
Dave Boulton

Email

« Reply #5 on: Sep 14th, 2004, 9:19am »

Like many things on the Scorp it's not always obvious how the door memory works. My battery went completely flat last December when the car was parked up while we were on holiday. I expected to have to reprogram lots of things, especially the seats, but apart from the radio code, everything had been remembered.

Cheers,
Dave
IP Logged
ron_c

Why did I buy this thing????

View Profile Email

« Reply #6 on: Sep 14th, 2004, 10:06pm »

Hi Craig,

You might be going off in the wrong direction. On my 95 Ultima, if the battery causes a reset and you press any seat button, you end up pressed against the windscreen so the odds are your button just ain't working. I had the same problem and took the panel out and mucked about with it and it now works. I recently had the same problem with the trip meter buttons and, for a totally unrelated reason, unplugged the lead at the back and then put it back and they now work better than they ever have so it may be that is all you have to do.  

Just another thought, you can check the button on the button test on the trip meter thingy. You know the trick, press the trip reset for ten seconds etc...If you then press the trip button repeatedly you will come ot a stage that allows you to test every button on the car - each one has a code between 1 and 255.

I do not know the code off hand but if something happens then it's  probably working. If it is then I'm talking rubbish which I usually do  and shall now go to bed and dream of an immaculate Scorpio..... Fat chance!

Good luck,

Ron.

PS Sorry, just re-read your problem. Just to keep it simple. If, at any time, the seat ends up fully forward on all three buttons, the odds are that there has been a reset.
IP Logged
craig

Email

« Reply #7 on: Sep 15th, 2004, 12:26am »

thanks for the replys guys,a few options to investigate,..
ron i have learnt something here,i did not know that the test button on the speedo has the capability of testing EVERY button on the car,all i have ever used that for was to check the voltage when the battery was playing up,great find there Wink Wink

will have to have a play Cheesy

and as for being pressed up to the windscreen,all i do at the moment is press button 2 (short a** wifey's position Grin Grin)

thanks again

craig...
IP Logged
craig

Email

« Reply #8 on: Sep 16th, 2004, 4:01pm »

problem sorted,but please dont ask me how,all i did was take both remotes apart,thoroughly clean them,and did what richard (and goldwinger i think),have mentioned about the eraser trick,done this on monday,have not used the car since then,opened the car today and bingo,all is back to normal........
so there must be something in this eraser "thingy"...
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED......

REGARDS

CRAIG....
IP Logged
ron_c

View Profile Email

« Reply #9 on: Sep 16th, 2004, 9:44pm »

Happy to know you got it sorted Craig. I guess those remotes must be pretty fancy gadgets.

I was quite lucky 'cos I didn't get any with my motor so I don't have quite so many things to go wrong. (Note the inverted snobbery there?)  

I might have the same problem with set positioning If ever my missus overcomes her deep rooted hate of my motor and tries to drive it. That is, however, extremely unlikely because as well as her deep rooted hate (fear) of automatics, mine is totally unpredictable and I'm probably the only living soul who would put up with it.  

Ron.
IP Logged
craig

Email

« Reply #10 on: Sep 17th, 2004, 7:00am »

ron,you have me puzzled now,if you dont have a remote,what model do you have ?..... Huh

and as for your wife driving your car,believe me,there could not have been too many more nervous people than amanda,when she first got behind the wheel of mine Undecided...
now no stopping her Grin (petrol-head Wink)..

craig..
IP Logged
ron_c

View Profile Email

« Reply #11 on: Sep 17th, 2004, 12:09pm »

Craig,

Mine is, or was, a 95 2L 16v Ultima estate. To be fair, I didn't pay a lot for it and it came with one key and lot's of problems. I've sorted enough problems to make it usable but the gearbox has a mind of it's own and, while I can make it work, Pauline, who will otherwise drive just about anything, will only go as a passenger and then reluctantly.  

I still yearn for a decent Scorp and dream of what mine may have been like. It does serve a very useful purpose as a glorified van and, if my patience lasts, will do so for some time but I am working on the gearbox problem and then...who knows.

Ron.

P.S.

I've just checked the button checking facility and there seems to be a lot of things it doesn't check - the seat buttond for instance. Seems that I was a bit premature there as I only used it initially when I was fixing the cruise control buttons.

Sorry,

Ron
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.