Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 19th, 2024, 6:24pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Bonnet release broken. »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Bonnet release broken.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Bonnet release broken.  (Read 472 times)
ron_c

Why did I buy this thing????

View Profile Email

Bonnet release broken.
« on: Sep 14th, 2004, 7:24pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Angry
I'd just got myself in the mood to have a good look at the MAF and ...... The bonnet release doesn't work Cry

It has to be said that I did have the panel with the release catch out to check the wiring of the computer connection and the cable into the catch now feels rather slack........

Is there a way in Huh, can it be fixed Huh, or is it back to the wheelbarrow and wellies?

Ron.
IP Logged
Eddie

Must try a different shampoo!

View Profile

Re: Bonnet release broken.
« Reply #1 on: Sep 14th, 2004, 8:10pm »

Howdy Ron, sounds as if the cable has come unseated under the dash,youll have to dig it out and reconnect.
sorry I cant be more specific, its a bit like a bike brake cable thats popped out of the socket at the lever end.

eddie
IP Logged
ron_c

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Sep 14th, 2004, 9:51pm »

Thanks Eddie.  I had hoped for that. It's just that it was coming down like stair rods earlier and now it's dark and tomorrow I'm off into the sunrise at the crack of going to bed time and I now remember that I haven't checked the oil for about a million years.  

It's a good job it's a Ford.

Ron
IP Logged
john.n

I love my cossie

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Sep 15th, 2004, 8:23am »

I dont want to upset you Ron ,but the cable mount on the grille has a habit of snapping. I will try to find out how my mate gained access to mine and post it up for you if this is the case. By the way if this is not the problem, you can sometimes open the bonnet by pulling the whole cable at the footwell end. john.n Sad
IP Logged
ron_c

View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: Sep 16th, 2004, 1:22pm »

Thanks for the bad news John. I have a horrible feeling that you may be right having had a very close call on a previous motor. I sahll update this when I've had a chance to get closer to the problem but I may be asking for the help you offered.

Ron.
IP Logged
ron_c

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: Sep 19th, 2004, 4:42pm »

Panic over. It finally stopped raining and it was only the cable outer termination had slipped out of the groove. The oil was OK and by my calculations including a year of neglect from the previous owner it has now done 26K on the same oil without using a drop. It's amazing how the miles just fly by but, since it seems to want to live for a while yet, I shall have to change the oil soon. It's just that there is always something else on it that needs fixing more urgently. Right now, it's the nearside dipped headlight. Bulb's Ok so its down to the wiring diagram.....

More for the missus to complain about...

Ron.  
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.