Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 19th, 2024, 6:33pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Gutted »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Gutted
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Gutted  (Read 693 times)
Kenboy

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

Gutted
« on: Sep 15th, 2004, 8:37pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi I have owned my car for a year now and the previous owner paid little attention to the cosmestics, internaly and externaly there were some serious dents and scratches of which I have spent considerable time and money to put right and was feeling very proud of myself and was convinced that time and money was well spent.
Last night my wife called me to pick her up from late shopping I parked up cleanly in the loading area someone had done the same and parked behind me but I can only assume they had changed there mind and decided to go as he pulled away he made slight but serious impact to the o/s rear wing I immediately got out of the car but he sped off and I was unable to spot his Reg Number.  To put the damage  right is going to cost a tidy sum and right now I feel as sick as a pig and I am beginning to wander is it realy worth the effort as you can guess I feel realy down at the moment and I do greatly admire the car and have utter respect for fellow members in maintaining there cars to a very high standard but it is diificult to cater for prats that treat fellow motorists with neglect and contempt, Oh well let off a bit of steam but I am seriously considering my options.

Regards Kenboy
IP Logged
craig

Email

Re: Gutted
« Reply #1 on: Sep 16th, 2004, 7:07am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

ken,dont really know what to say Huh Huh Huh,but i have a good idea how you are feeling,yes there are some very ignorant people about,and i am very sorry to hear of your "knock",all i can really say is hoping you have calmed down a little today,go outside have another look,and then think of all the good points of the scorpio,and i'm sure it will end up getting repaired, (shot in the dark but you say in a loading area,dont suppose there were any camera's about were there ?)

good luck ken..

craig..  

PS ..regarding the damage,not much help i know but there are plenty of "smart repairers" about out there,can make the car look as good as new again for considerebly less than some body shops,get the yellow pages, have a look, get a few quotes,and hopefully you may be pleasently suprised..... Smiley Smiley
IP Logged
JohnJ

98 2.3 Ultima

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Sep 16th, 2004, 10:23am »

Very sorry to here that!

On the topic of ignorant people, I'm from Donegal, Ireland as many already know, and it happend when the wife and I where headed back there, I always do the 2 hour drive and get petrol just across the border in southern Ireland. the petrol pumps are arranged so northern and southern drivers can fill up.
Some pumps are in euros and others are in strerling, anyhow I stopped at the euro pump and I heard this almighty reving and tearing behind me a young bloke had just pulled in behind me really fast...shouting and raving that I should have respect and move to the next pump and give him room. I explained that I was dealing in euros and then he started to swear and shout I couldnt beleive it so Ignored him. In the meantime a lady pulled up behind him, then he jumped into his car still shouting and reved up really high and let the clutch out sharp, well he went straight back into a new Astra. what a *rick.

I just had to laugh which seem to agravate him more, I went over and said unfortunatly the world is full of people like you and drove off.

The police where called for the accident.
 Roll Eyes

JJ

Sorry for the long story
IP Logged
Paul B

'98 24V Ultima saloon

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Sep 16th, 2004, 8:58pm »

on Sep 16th, 2004, 10:23am, JohnJ wrote:
Sorry for the long story

That's ok John. It was worth it.
I would've laughed my bo**ocks off  Cheesy
IP Logged

Two hundred & seven horses and only one jockey!
Badboytunes

Email

« Reply #4 on: Sep 16th, 2004, 10:07pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Classic !!! Grin  But unfortunate for the lady driver. But hey another Vauxhall off the road Grin Grin Grin ............
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.