Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 19th, 2024, 6:26pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Fuel Problem? »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Fuel Problem?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Fuel Problem?  (Read 421 times)
Darren

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

Fuel Problem?
« on: Sep 17th, 2004, 6:52pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi guys,

Been away for a few weeks and had to register again!!

Anyway, I've got a problem with my 2.9 12V Ultima estate. Driving the car the other day, the computer said I had 2 miles worth of petrol left (I know!) when the car cut out. Assuming I had run out of petrol I put 5 litres in and it wouldnt start. When it did it was spluttering and coughing and cutting out almost instantly. I towed it to the local garage (it was 8pm) and left it there overnight. The garage phoned the following morning to say it started and drove OK, so they assumed it was either some air in the system or some crap been sucked through. I collected it tonight and got 1 mile down the road and it cut out again. It now fires up but is very lumpy and will not tick over without cutting out. It seems OK when the engine is cold.

Any ideas as to the likely causeHuh  

Thanks
Darren
IP Logged
ash

1997 Scorpio Ghia

View Profile

Re: Fuel Problem?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 18th, 2004, 8:27am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

change the fuel filter and stick some injector cleaner in the tank when nearly empty and then fill about a quarter tank of fuel and then take it for a spin on a dual carriageway at 60mph ish ... should be ok then  Roll Eyes same prob i had and the above cured it Tongue
IP Logged
Richard

Email

Re: Fuel Problem?
« Reply #2 on: Sep 18th, 2004, 10:19am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

It could be a mix of crap and water, I think it is Wynns that do an additive that you put in the tank and it will mix what little water you have in your tank so you don't get this problem again, I believe this also cleans the injectors but remember not to let it get so low in the future.
P.S. The Wynns product they sell in Halfords and it is in a alloy bottle (bright silver), hope this helps.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.