Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 19th, 2024, 6:27pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Cooling Fans for CC »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Cooling Fans for CC
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Cooling Fans for CC  (Read 398 times)
steviegee1964

Bye Bye GTi - 24v 2.9i Cossie

View Profile Email

Cooling Fans for CC
« on: Sep 18th, 2004, 5:48pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi all, Need a little help please. Huh
I know recently there have been some conversations on this but me stupid and didn't pay attention. Doh  Embarassed
 A little time ago my fans (both little and large) were working intermittently I saw some info on the list about the relay on the drivers side behind the headlight, sometimes getting wet and this relay worked the
fans. I played around with this relay and then I moved it and cable tied it up away from any where it might get wet. This seemed to work, till now. My
fans have now stopped working with the Climate control (I don't know if they come on when car gets really hot as weather not warm and not gone anywhere
except work, but they didn't before when I had the intermittent fault)
So my question is, have I got the correct relay, is there another relay I can check and what fuses control these fans, as I don't really want to check every fuse!  
I have tried playing with various wires and plugs around the fans in case it was a faulty wire but still no fans. Anyone got any suggestions I would be grateful
Steviegee  Grin
Oh nearly forgot Car is a 1995 Scorpio 24v cossie,  
Ooops  Tongue
IP Logged
TonyS

Scorpio Nutter - 12 years

View Profile

Re: Cooling Fans for CC
« Reply #1 on: Sep 19th, 2004, 12:19pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Suspect loom damage either to the signal wires from the PCM or the actual power feed which is also in the loom.

Using a meter check the voltages at the relay connector. Another trick is to remove the outer casing and manually activate the relays (there are 3 inside). If manual operation does not cause the fans to work then it's power feed either side of the relay block.
IP Logged

1996 Mk4 2.9 24v Estate
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.