Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 19th, 2024, 6:35pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Ford Scorpio from '97: Radios and other adventures »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Ford Scorpio from '97: Radios and other adventures
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Ford Scorpio from '97: Radios and other adventures  (Read 715 times)
madkiss

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

Ford Scorpio from '97: Radios and other adventures
« on: Sep 20th, 2004, 8:18pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi folks,

I own a Ford Scorpio estate car from the end of 1997 and am really fed up by the built in radio. I would like to exchange it but now I am running into some trouble, mainly related to the remote control that is connected to the steering-wheel.  

I found out that due to the Scorpio not having a normal DIN slot for the radio, I will need some kind of aperture for it. I should be able to get that from my local Ford dealer, so that's the rather little not to say irrelevant problem.

My main-problem is the so called remote control at the wheel. I would like to continue to use it, even with a new radio. Has a person in this forum maybe done the same already and can tell me what Adapter I need and where I can buy it? Most preferably in Germany, but other countries might work as well, YMMV.

Thank you in advance!
IP Logged
SaveTheNight

I can resist anything ...except temptation !!

169650675 169650675    
View Profile WWW Email

Re: Ford Scorpio from '97: Radios and other advent
« Reply #1 on: Sep 20th, 2004, 9:35pm »

Hi madkiss ...bit of a mission that ..considering the later Ford radios were meant to make everything easier to adapt ! ..however ..I'm not sure which radio you want and therfore which lead would be required but if check a company called " autoleads " they pretty much cover all eventualities ....regards .....STN

http://www.autoleads.co.uk/home.html
IP Logged

madkiss

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Sep 20th, 2004, 9:45pm »

What I am really hunting for is the "What adapter to use" information. I was not able to find a matching product so far. Meanwhile I found out that the car was first used in 02/1997 ...
IP Logged
SaveTheNight

169650675 169650675    
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Sep 20th, 2004, 10:02pm »

hiya ..you still don't say what radio you are intending fitting ? ..but they surely will be able to fix you up ..or will advise if you e-mail them  .. it's pretty simple to keep the stalk control whichever radio you fit ..even after market ones .. you probably have a 7000 series Ford Radio which has the remote lead in the back < yellow connector from memory > and you will be able to use it unless you have already used it for a mobile phone remote or GPS system ... cheers ...STN
ps. if it is the 7000 ..it's a pretty good radio by all accounts .. what are you fed up with exactly ? .. it's rather dated appearance ? .. I agree if it is that .. still a decent set though .....
IP Logged

madkiss

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Sep 20th, 2004, 11:04pm »

The current radio is indeed a Radio 7000 CD, yes.

No, design is not the problem. To be honest, I don't like the view of the current radios either (they somewhat look like the control-panel of the beamer on the Voyager ...), but they have a CD-Player. And that is exactly what makes me mad with the current radio. I want a radio that can play CDs, CD-RWs and MP3s. That is why I am trying to replace it.
IP Logged
madkiss

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Sep 20th, 2004, 11:06pm »

The radio I would prefer actually would be the Pioneer  DEH-P7600MP, by the way.
IP Logged
Richard

Email

« Reply #6 on: Sep 21st, 2004, 3:19am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Have you got the CD fitted in the boot ?, If so is it a sony ?, If it is why don't you fit a Sony head unit and then you can still use the CD stack, I am in the middle of doing my own system and have just fitted a Sony CDX-M9900 so i can still use the stack from the boot and i have taken out the remote and fitted the Sony item, Far more functions from this, I made the fascia panel from MDF but you can buy these on ebay, Here are some links for you, Hope this helps you out and don't forget to ask if you want any more help.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1498&it em=5721071799&rd=1
or
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3293&it em=5720668440&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=39763&i tem=5720679469&rd=1
or
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1498&it em=5720703412&rd=1
N.B. These will only work Sony head units.

Here is the CD/radio that i have fitted
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=39763&i tem=5720400293&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

I expect you will get these on the German ebay aswell.
IP Logged
SaveTheNight

169650675 169650675    
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Sep 21st, 2004, 7:21am »

Hiya ... this lead will retain your stalk control on any fitted Pioneer Radio or MP3 or CD changer .. Pioneer < SFOPI001 > ..its about £30 GBP ..
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.