Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 19th, 2024, 8:14pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Power lost »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Power lost
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Power lost  (Read 501 times)
Mmonster

Email

Power lost
« on: Sep 30th, 2004, 4:09pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hello all,

Just having a small problem here in Finland. (well, we have a BIG problems as well, like how to move our country next to the spain. But that can wait now   Grin  )

I bought -96 24v last summer. It haved 100 000km on the clock, spotless interior, all nice things worked, but engine does not run idle well but sounded Ok. No rattle at all.  
After removal of plastic cover and some checking i take the car without telling the fellow that i noticed a missing bolt and part of gasket on rightside inlet manifold.

After replace of new gasked and a bolt (and that side cat ) everything was perfect about 1 month (10 000km).
Then i start to notice a powerloss in time to time. Same time the engine feels to misfire in steady gas about 1600 to 2000rpm/min. It also takes more fuel.

Now when i am getting off, sometimes it feels like i am driving in the tar, and then just a second later it pushes away like there is a lion chasing us.

Changed allready: Sparks, MAF, roker cover valve, T- "things" for vacuum hoses. (Ok,ok,my english are not perfect, just missed that word   Cool )

Checked allready: Vacumm hoses, Cats, inlet manifolds and all visible connectors, exhaust pipe(s) (did You know that it´s straight? Lift it up and drop a small nut in it. The nut will drop out from other end   Shocked ) If You ever change the pipe Youself or do some other job where You have to remove it. Please start Your engine and rev it over 5000... Sounds great!  We spend whole evening slamming 24v around the garage without pipes.   Grin

Any ideas what to try next?

Sunny days!
IP Logged
Thunderchild

My other car's an Aprilia

View Profile Email

Re: Power lost
« Reply #1 on: Oct 1st, 2004, 10:14am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi there,

I would have bet the farm on this being a problem with one of the cats but as you've checked them, I guess not. Have you considered the throttle position sensor? I had a very similar problem with my Sierra XR4x4 and changing it cured the problem immediately. Any ODB scans or codes that we can have a look at?

HTH

Thunderchild
IP Logged
Mmonster

Email

Re: Power lost
« Reply #2 on: Oct 1st, 2004, 2:11pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hi Thunderchild,

Thanks for Your advice. I was pretty sure about cats or blocked exhaust pipe too, but cats are ok, and pipe open.
I propably have to take the car to Ford dealer...  Undecided   I do not have the ODB cable to read codes. (maybe this is worth to order)

Mmonster
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.