Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 19th, 2024, 10:25pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Advise Needed »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Advise Needed
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Advise Needed  (Read 554 times)
OHC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

Advise Needed
« on: Oct 8th, 2004, 7:16am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello!

My 2.0 16V Scorp suffered from heavy fuel consumption & poor performance! I went to FDS-equipped garage. The FDS found P0141 code and IAT plug with pins corroded and insulation cracked. The plug and downstream HO2S have been replaced. The performance has improved greatly but average fuel consumption is still 12,2 l/100 km in town! Sorry, no idea how many MPG it is. Is it normal for my Scorp? I have rather heavy right foot!

Thanks and best regards,
OHC
IP Logged
JohnJ

98 2.3 Ultima

View Profile Email

Re: Advise Needed
« Reply #1 on: Oct 8th, 2004, 8:21am »

Well if you have a heavey right foot especialy around town with a 2 litre that sound just about right, dont expect much economy out of that! Grin even if you easy on the right foot, the problem is around the town you still have to move the heavy beast around stopping and starting going to burn loads of juice.!

JJ Grin
IP Logged
ron_c

Why did I buy this thing????

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 8th, 2004, 7:52pm »

If yours is auto, like mine, I think that you'll find that, heavy footed or not, you'll be lucky to better 15 - 20 mpg round town. I doesn't start to run economically until you get 3rd fully engaged - 35mpg + when at a steady speed you should start to see 35mpg + and up to 40mpg at steady 50mph in 4th on the level dropping to 35mpg at 70 etc. The best I've done is about 37mpg on a long steady 70mph motorway run which I think is about right for an auto, possibly rising to 39/40 for a manual.  

Silly thing is, mine seems better in sports mode as you don't waste fuel with slippy gear changes.

Ron
IP Logged
Danny_R

97 Ford Crown Vic 4.6L V8 ,88 Mercury GM 5.0L V8

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Oct 8th, 2004, 8:37pm »

Hi OHC,

Ron is correct. even the more economical 2.0 16v scorps are thirsty beasts. We have 2 in our family and they both average around 17 - 19 MPG round town. BTW they are both auto's. As Ron says, the MPG improves significantly once on motorway. The best I’ve had in mine is 38MPG, cruise set at 70 MPH and CC off.  

Hope This Helps

Danny R
IP Logged
ash

1997 Scorpio Ghia

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Oct 11th, 2004, 3:31pm »

Roll Eyes my 2.3 scorpio does 70 mpg in town ............just kidding !! 2.3 scorpio ghia saloon well looked after , always serviced using quality oils/parts ... around 25mpg town & 37 average on M1
IP Logged
JohnJ

98 2.3 Ultima

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: Oct 11th, 2004, 8:25pm »

Thats Good performance! Wink
IP Logged
OHC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Oct 12th, 2004, 7:20am »

Hello!

The darn electrician who replaced the IAT plug hasn't soledered the new one - only wound up the wires and put some insulation tape! He hasn't even clean the bare wire with a knife! It drastically affects IAT readings, mixture becomes rich, so does fuel consumption!

Best regards,
OHC
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.