Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 19th, 2024, 10:21pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« airbag »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   airbag
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: airbag  (Read 373 times)
rew

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile Email

airbag
« on: Oct 11th, 2004, 8:45pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

can anybody tell me how to reset my airbag warning light after ive sorted out the problem with the seatbelt pre-tensioner
IP Logged
Danny_R

97 Ford Crown Vic 4.6L V8 ,88 Mercury GM 5.0L V8

View Profile

Re: airbag
« Reply #1 on: Oct 11th, 2004, 9:03pm »

rew,

the airbag unit is supposed to reset, initialise and self test itself every time the ignition is switched on.  

Do you still have a fault code flashing? if so it means you still have a problem somewhere.  

I had a drivers side pre-tensioner fault and a driver airbag fault. both turned out to be loose connectors. I simply plugged them back in, ignition on and all was well again.

HTH

Danny R

p.s. have a read through http://www.fordscorpio.co.uk/airbags.htm very helpful Smiley
IP Logged
rew

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 11th, 2004, 9:23pm »

hi danny  

yes ive still got the problem i wanted to find out about the light before i tryed to go any further the problem has only started since my wife drove the car while we were on holiday, so the seats were beinged moved a long way forward as my wife is a short ass so ill check the connections to see if that cures it

thanks rew
IP Logged
Danny_R

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Oct 11th, 2004, 9:36pm »

Hi rew,

no problem mate, if it is anything to do with the pre-tensioners the Airbag LED should be flashing 4 times in succession. The only problem is you wont know if its the driver or the passenger seat that is at fault.

Are either of the seatbelt buckles difficult to remove when unclipping? if so chances are the pre-tensioner has fired. If they remove as normal, my guess is that one of the square multiplugs is loose under one of the seats.

PLEASE NOTE!!! make sure you disconnect the battery for 15 minutes before touching any of the SRS system

let us know how it goes mate

Danny R
IP Logged
rew

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: Oct 11th, 2004, 9:45pm »

danny  

yes it is flashing 4 times niether of the seatbelts seam to have any problems so i dont think either one has fired but as i said my wife has the seat as far forward as it can go when she drives it so i think it may just be the connections under the drivers seat, can you get to the plugs with out taking the seats out or not

rew
IP Logged
Danny_R

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Oct 11th, 2004, 10:03pm »

rew,

it all depends on whether your seats are both electric or one electric and one manual.

I have the ultima spec with the fully electric adjustable drivers seat. access under the seat is pretty much impossible due to all the motors etc.. however, there are two bolts at the front of the drivers seat which once removed allow the seat base to tilt backwards exposing the seat base with all the motors etc.. this makes checking the connection very easy indeed. if your lucky enough to have the fully electric seat on the passenger side, you can also tilt the seat base back too. If you have the manual passenger seat like mine, it is possible (with long arms!!!) to reach underneath the seat from the back and check the connection, although the easiest way would be to remove the seat!!!

HTH

Danny R
IP Logged
rew

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile Email

« Reply #6 on: Oct 11th, 2004, 10:34pm »

danny

yes ive got the electric drivers seat so ill unbolt the front end and tilt it backwards and check the conections i hope that will cure the problems with this one. another quick question i notice that you have got the diagnostic leads and laptop i live in manchester do you do home visits as my other ultima has got a problem with the gearbox was driving great before i laid it up about 2 months ago when i got back in to use her again the gear selector was locked in park when i finally got it out of park the gear stick is still very stiff

rew
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.