Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 20th, 2024, 12:31am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Cruise Control, Auto Level Check & Bad Smells »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Cruise Control, Auto Level Check & Bad Smells
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Cruise Control, Auto Level Check & Bad Smells  (Read 466 times)
Big Bri

'98 Ultima TD Estate

View Profile Email

Cruise Control, Auto Level Check & Bad Smells
« on: Oct 17th, 2004, 3:43pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

The Cruise doesn't work on my new-to-me Ultima, I get no light on the dash, have tried at various speeds but no joy. All fuses are ok so I don't know where to start! Undecided
There was a magnet lying in the drivers glovebox when I got the car, could this be a proximity switch for the Brake pedal?
Can anyone tell me the correct procedure for checking the auto fluid level, ie cold, hot, running, stopped etc?
I have seen references to Bad Smells relating to the air con, I occasionally get a whiff of what can only be described as (sorry) dog s**t on the shoe, is this the air con smell referred to? Embarassed
Thanks Guys, I'm new here and extremely glad to have found you all
Brian
IP Logged
craig

Email

Re: Cruise Control, Auto Level Check & Bad Sme
« Reply #1 on: Oct 17th, 2004, 3:57pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

firstly brian
the autobox must be tested at normal running temperature,take it for a short run,then park up,go through all the gears,then leave it in park (car must be on level ground by the way...
regarding the cruise,try getting up to say 60 MPH,turn the cruise on (left hand side button white),then with the right hand buttons try setting the cruise (middle or top button if i remember),the light should come on then

never had a dog nuts smell though brian,usually faults with the air con,are always a curry type smell

HTH

CRAIG..
IP Logged
Big Bri

'98 Ultima TD Estate

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 17th, 2004, 6:57pm »

Thanks Craig
Do I check level with engine running or not?
I have tried to engage cruise at speeds between 30 & 80 mph, no light, no drive.
Definitly NOT curry smell, I could live with that.
Cheers
Brian
IP Logged
scorpio_man
Administrator

Ford Kuga awd

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 17th, 2004, 8:11pm »

hi there

do the check wiith the engine running......get the car up to operating temp, then cycle through the gears. check the level and the condition of the fluid.

re the cruise. have you read the handbook? http://www.fordscorpio.co.uk/handbook028.gif
 if this doesn't work, then it's a case of checking all the electrical connections. most times it's the cable or the motor, but you still get the light on the dash. first thing i'd check is the connection on the steering wheel.

re air con. have you done a reset? http://www.fordscorpio.co.uk/ccreset.htm
IP Logged
Badboytunes

Email

« Reply #4 on: Oct 17th, 2004, 9:49pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

C'mpn guys......... your all missing one IMPORTANT fact. The auto fluid must be a reddish colour, If its brown/black and smells burnt then trouble may ensue......

Cheers Nick
IP Logged
Snoopy
Administrator

Very old.BAD tempered and missing friends.

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: Oct 18th, 2004, 7:46am »

The smell is probably from the air con and it needs a spray of anti bacterial spray through the intake.. When and if you ever get the a/c serviced they should do this a part of the service.... It is possible to buy the stuff and if you get replaccement pollen filterrs from jetex it comes with a small spray... the auto Box should be checked at WORKING temp which is HOT after a good run and on level ground with the engine running after doing all the usual dtuff that you have already been told.. Same with the power steering level   always HOT and running......
IP Logged

HELP the FORUM.Please DONATE
Big Bri

'98 Ultima TD Estate

View Profile Email

« Reply #6 on: Oct 18th, 2004, 10:37pm »

Cheers Guys
you've all been really helpful
Brian
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.