Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 20th, 2024, 4:33am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« !! Posessed Fan !! »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   !! Posessed Fan !!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: !! Posessed Fan !!  (Read 499 times)
Stevie_P

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

!! Posessed Fan !!
« on: Nov 8th, 2004, 9:20pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi, I picked up a nice looking late 95 2.0L 16V saloon this weekend, all seemed great with no real probs that wont be able to be sorted with a little time - that was untill today!!

After an 80 miler I pulled off of the motorway into a supermarket carpark and went inside for a few bits, apon retuning after 10 mins or so I discoved that the fan was running, I put it down to a warm engine and disregarded it.  Five mins drive later and I parked up outside work.  
Three hours later when I returned the fan was running again and thus a very flat battery, I got a jump start and drove home.

Apon arrival I switched of and all seemed fine - no fan.  I checked again after a few minites and guess what? - the fan was running.  I checked the aux fuse box ready to remove the fan fuse but found only one where two should be, I replaced it but only got twice as much fanage.  Removed them and obviously they stopped, so at that point they stayed...

Please help !!!

The car seems to run at average temp on the dash guage and the rad gets warm suggesting that the stat is not shot.  Really strange thing is that the fan seems to kick in about a minite after the car has been turned off.

PS. Turning the key to any position cuts it immediatly.
IP Logged
Dave Boulton

Email

Re: !! Posessed Fan !!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 9th, 2004, 8:06am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hi there,

Firstly, does it have it's battery cover?

The fans aren't supposed to run when the engine is off so this could be damp in the fuse box. There is lots of stuff on here about this (& related) problem(s) so you could try a search to find related items (a better bet than me trying to remember what I read a while ago   Wink).

HTH,
Dave

IP Logged
Snoopy
Administrator

Very old.BAD tempered and missing friends.

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 9th, 2004, 8:10am »

Beaten to the POST ! again

Have to ask Is there a battery cover fitted as the syptoms you describe fit the 'water in the fuse box problem' thats the usual casue of things NOT behaving as they should...should check the battery cover and then ry and check for water in the fuse box and if possible dry it all out.... Make sure the bulk head drain hles are clear and drain freely... If its not that then post back and I am sure that someone will advise...If the fans run at double speed when you put the other fuse in then it sounds as if they have removed the aircon fans as well. Worth checking it all over....
Theres a host of info on the main Ford Scorpio site to help
http://www.fordscorpio.co.uk/index2.htm

IP Logged

HELP the FORUM.Please DONATE
Stevie_P

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Nov 9th, 2004, 8:55am »

Hi, thanks for your ideas,

The battery and fusebox do have covers but I will have a look later to check for any water penetration.  The fuses that I have removed are 39 and 44 (39 was already removed).
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.