Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 20th, 2024, 8:35am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Temp gauge again and again »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Temp gauge again and again
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Temp gauge again and again  (Read 509 times)
Bosse

2.3 auto -98

View Profile

Temp gauge again and again
« on: Nov 10th, 2004, 9:46pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello everybody.

My problem is opposite to Geoff W 2.0 16v Ultima Temp gauge problem. My temp gauge refuse to stay in normal position. In the beginning of any journey it moves up to normal, and after a short while it drops down to the blue area. When I’m driving in the city or on the motorway it doesn’t make any difference. If I check the “Eng t “ in the digital display it show around 205. The short time the temp gauge is in normal position the digital display shows 132. So the two temp sensors must work correctly I guess. I have replaced the thermostat three times, and the one I now use is an original Ford. So now when the winter is approaching I need to get it fixt, because I live in the middle of cold Sweden. My car is one of the in Sweden very rare 98-06 2.3 auto Ghia.  

…Bosse
IP Logged
darton

Email

Re: Temp gauge again and again
« Reply #1 on: Nov 10th, 2004, 10:21pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hello Bosse!
      It sounds like you need a new sender unit,at first I thought it was the dashboard readout unit to fault,but £3 sterling for a new sender unit later,problem solved,hope this works! WinkDoes the car ever overheat! maybe not! change that sender mate!
           Darton Wink
IP Logged
Dave

Tourmallard 24v (ex-owner)

View Profile Email

Re: Temp gauge again and again
« Reply #2 on: Nov 27th, 2004, 4:55pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi there.. I have a similar problem, i'll probably get a new sender just because for the sake of three quid it might well clear it up, but:

The temp gauge now sits at just above max all the time, it falls back to below blue when switched off but even when the engine's been off for two hours it flicks back up to max, and the digital engine temp reads 5 degrees even when driving for more than half an hour.  

There's also an air leak thanks to a certain mechanic not replacing the inlet manifold gaskets to save money. Ugh. When I got it back from the guy the clock had lost just over an hour so I think he must've disconnected the battery as well (thanks!) which I know would make the management system have to re-learn over the space of twenty or so miles...    The engine is lumpy at idling speed, it jerks in crawling speed, it looks like there's a couple being very rude on the backseat when in drive stationary.. and there's very little power when moving off until it engages second gear.. then it goes woosh and is fairly smooth.  

So would the engine management having to relearn cause lumpy running and loss of power, or is it all down to the air leak? We're sorting the air leak Monday morning.. but for now it's just not that great to drive. Hmph...

Any comments would be gratefully received : )

Take care all.  

DAve.
IP Logged

Life after the Scorpio ain't easy..
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.