Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 20th, 2024, 8:22am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« 1995 cosworth gearbox »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   1995 cosworth gearbox
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 1995 cosworth gearbox  (Read 392 times)
blondy

What now

View Profile

1995 cosworth gearbox
« on: Nov 25th, 2004, 7:54pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

over the last couple of weeks i have been trying to diagnose the problems i have been having with my gearbox,( slow to engange next gear, revving up before engaging next gear, no speedo, o/d light flashing occasionally, intermittent cruise control.) so tueseday night i receivd these fault codes from a hand held tester-p1405, p0155, p0161, p0500, p1151 and finally p1000. i have read the list but am still unsure what they actually mean in terms of fixing them. but all that aside,  today on the way home from work after about 2 miles the engine began to rev up the same as it would if you pressed the clutch in on a manual gearbox and finally no drive, after about 15 minutes by the side of the road i tried it again, it regain some drive but after a little way it went again. so a ten minute journey took me over an hour to do, now the car is sitting on my driveway waiting for me to change the gearbox.

would this be the best course of action or is there something else i can replace, perhaps a component of the gearbox? the oil levels have been checked about five times over the past fortnight and its ok. thanks in advance for any help/ suggestions.  Cry
IP Logged

95' cos (goes like a lettuce).
Dave Boulton

Email

Re: 1995 cosworth gearbox
« Reply #1 on: Nov 25th, 2004, 9:06pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hi Blondy,

From http://www.fordscorpio.co.uk/codes.htm:

P0155  Upstream Heated Oxygen Sensor Heater circuit fault - Bank No. 2.

P0161  Downstream Heated Oxygen Sensor Heater circuit fault - Bank No. 2.

P0500  Vehicle Speed Sensor fault.

P1000  OBD-II Monitor Testing Incomplete.

P1151  Lack of Upstream Heated Oxygen Sensor Switch - Sensor Indicates Lean - Bank No. 2.

P1405  Differential Pressure Feedback Electronic Sensor circuit Upstream Hose.

So, it's a 24V (two banks of cylinders and EEC-V). Always a useful starting point...   Grin

If your gearbox is playing up that badly & with all the other symptoms you describe then the VSS code is a very likely source - difficult to change gear if it doesn't know what the speed is (also difficult to do cruise control etc). Is your speedo behaving itself?

You also need to look at the bank 2 oxygen sensors - they are showing major issues. Could well be that the cat on that side is now broken - if the codes are right. - if it isn't then it very soon will be without the right upstream sensor inputs.  

P1405 could also indicate that you've had a broken cat - I've had P1406 since one of mine went (that's the other side of a small orifice in the EGR system).

With this number of codes you might be better off copying this to the "OBD Advice" section. I'm heavily into this stuff, maybe one day I'll learn what it all means...  Wink

HTH,
Dave
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.