Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 20th, 2024, 10:22am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« abs sensors »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   abs sensors
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: abs sensors  (Read 389 times)
colinw

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

abs sensors
« on: Nov 28th, 2004, 8:52pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi all  
its not often i post a problem on here so a little advise please before i start pulling car apart ,whilst driving home  today( i have to admit to be in a serious hurry)my cossie estate took off on a crest ,on landing the ABS and traction lights came on ,.after a few miles they went off then came back on again ,i assume i have dislodged a sensor ,can anybody advise if they are a push fit or bolted in ,do they come out easily ,or do they seize in there holders ,and can they be cleaned up or am i likely to be looking for replacements ,any advise before i start looking would be appreciated
cheers Colin
IP Logged
Snoopy
Administrator

Very old.BAD tempered and missing friends.

View Profile Email

Re: abs sensors
« Reply #1 on: Nov 29th, 2004, 8:21am »

Well worth checking all the conetors especilally the ones on the front.. they are easily seen on the inner wing.. the rears are inside the car under the back seat.....I take my front ones apart and clean regularilly and seal with silicone grease to keep the crud out....
IP Logged

HELP the FORUM.Please DONATE
Eric_R
Administrator

Cosworth Owner 1998 - 2006 & site co-founder

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Nov 29th, 2004, 4:12pm »

Colin,
ABS sensors can be vulnerable to sudden shocks. Check out http://www.fordscorpio.co.uk/abssystem.htm for an investigation routine.
It sounds as if one of the four hub sensors may have gone open circuit - does the ABS light stay on after you start the engine? If so you need to check each sensor has a resistance and change the one that is open circuit.

The workshop manual for the brakes is on http://www.fordscorpio.co.uk/brakesmanual.htm

HTH
IP Logged

After a Cosworth, anything else is just ... ordinary
colinw

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Nov 29th, 2004, 6:55pm »

Cheers Eric tried car this morning and all was well ,so hopefully i got away with it this time ,and yes it did have a sudden shock ,so did i ,still when it landed it stopped the cat rattling for a while ,and it made the M3 driver keep his distance after that ,i will have a good look at the pages ,and it is booked into my mates garage so we can put it on ramps and check clean sensors  
once again thanks for helpful advice
colin
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.