Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 20th, 2024, 10:23am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Cd boot changer problem »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Cd boot changer problem
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Cd boot changer problem  (Read 531 times)
Adrian

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

Cd boot changer problem
« on: Nov 29th, 2004, 10:36pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have a 2007 RDS radio in my 1995,2.9 24V Cosworth, with a CD changer in the boot. The changer just stopped working, and I cant select it from the radio, and I cant eject the CD cassette. I dont get any error codes displayed, so assume it is probably just a fuse. Problem is : There is nothing in the manual for the car, or the manual for the stereo, that tells me where the fuse for the CD changer is located. The radio works perfectly, so the problem is only with the CD changer. Does anyone know where the fuse is located. It's not in the boot. Is it behind the radio, or in one of the fuse boxes, or elsewhere ?
IP Logged
SaveTheNight

I can resist anything ...except temptation !!

169650675 169650675    
View Profile WWW Email

Re: Cd boot changer problem
« Reply #1 on: Nov 29th, 2004, 10:44pm »

Hi Adrian ... there is no changer lead at the 2007 end of the wiring as it is loomed in between the radio and the RIM < radio interface module > ..the fault is usually the CD changer gone kaput ..but one thing worth checking is a very suspicious earth lead connection about six inches up the loom at the boot end ..peel some outer wiring cover back and you will see the poor ford connection where three earths join ..solder the connection and see if that helps ... regards ..STN
IP Logged

daven

Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 30th, 2004, 8:32am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Picture of the said earth connection here! (near bottom of page!)

http://www.fordscorpio.co.uk/radioupgrade.htm

Daven
IP Logged
Dave

Tourmallard 24v (ex-owner)

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 30th, 2004, 10:46am »

I don't have one of the changers in question, but if the earthing bit doesn't work, on every changer i've ever seen there's a fuse just above the socket on the changer itself, which gets covered when the plug of wires is snapped in place (the plug being the one on the same picture at the bottom of that page..).  

D
IP Logged

Life after the Scorpio ain't easy..
Adrian

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Nov 30th, 2004, 9:32pm »

Thanks for the advice, I'll try checking the earth wire tomorrow, during the daylight. I'll check the changer for a fuse as well. I'll let you know how I get on.
IP Logged
Adrian

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Dec 4th, 2004, 8:01pm »

Just got round to sorting out the CD changer, finally,( been really busy during daylight hours, and didn't fancy doing it by torchlight by the side of the road). It turns out that it was the earth wire. The connection really was ridiculously bad, the wires were just lightly twisted together. I can't believe that they could send it out of the factory that way. Maybe someone fitted it themselves and just did a bodge job. Anyway, I cleaned up the wires and soldered them together, and finished off wrapping it all up with loads of electrical tape, for protection. The CD works perfectly now.

Thanks for the advice.
IP Logged
daven

Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 5th, 2004, 9:34am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Good news!

I found the poor connection when I did the change from the 2007 to the 7000, I am sure thats hows it came from the factory, now you have found yours to be the same!

Regards

Daven

IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.