Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 1st, 2024, 4:18pm

Balance: £6.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Door Locks »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Door Locks
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Door Locks  (Read 2425 times)
solarpanel

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

Re: Door Locks
« Reply #20 on: Dec 13th, 2004, 11:24pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

hi dave,yes changing locks is a doddle after you have done one,plus i got my new keys programed for ......................£25.00 at  a ford dealership..............result!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
solarpanel
IP Logged
Mike H

Renault Clio

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #21 on: Dec 24th, 2004, 6:20pm »

Greetings,
In answer to:
"All this double locking is doing my head in. How do you double lock a door? I mean you put in the key and turn it and the door is locked, so how do you lock it twice. "

There is a second motor that turns to disable the interior door handle. I've just found this out by looking at the circuit (cdoorloc.pdf). This is worked by the CCM so can only be operated by the key or the remote. Two microswitches worked by the key barrel tell the CCM which way it's going, so it's the CCM that decides to double-lock if you've turned unlock/lock within 3 seconds.

I'm looking at this because my front passenger lock motor has just stopped working. This is, er, interesting, because, since the lock doesn't move, the actuator switch stays in the same position. That is, if all doors are locked, including the non-working one, then when I unlock, the 3 working doors unlock but then, because the left front is still in the locked position, they all lock again! The only way into the car was to unlock the drivers door then snatch it open quick before it relocks itself. Also vice versa if the left front is unlocked, you can't then lock the car, well you can, but it promptly unlocks again. So locking it could only be done at the passenger door.

It's much more amusing to unlock the drivers side, open it quick and leave it open. The lock motors then go bananas as the system continually tries to lock a door that won't, because it's open!

As a temporary measure I've unplugged the offending motor module to restore normal behaviour for the other 3 doors. However it now means locking the passenger door 'the old fashioned way', by hand!

This is in addition to something else that has existed for a long time, something really odd with the passenger side key, in that there is no resistance at all in the unlock direction and so of course it does nothing. In fact looking at the back of it from the inside it can be seen not to turn with the key at all in that direction. Lock, yes. Suspect something may have snapped off, and in any case the whole key mechanism seems quite sloppy and wobbles about.  Anyway I'm waiting for warmer weather before investigating further - unless something else happens!

IP Logged

Mike H
Dave

Tourmallard 24v (ex-owner)

View Profile Email

« Reply #22 on: Jan 4th, 2005, 10:02am »

Hi All,

just an update - have now replaced all locks! Except ignition and we have the car booked in to Ford on friday for the key to be programmed in. Quoted £75 though.

Anyway, locks were fairly straight forward as people have said, its just a matter of trying not to stab yourself with a screwdriver (4 times) and careful when undoing the top screws from the armour plate as access is not amazing and they can round off. Oh, and careful with the circlips - they gave me the most trouble out of the whole thing!

By the way, both driver and passenger locks used to lock the car fine but when turning to unlock there was no resistance at all and no unlocking action either. I did not notice any visible problem with the locks or linkages when removed the problem must have been to do with the lock internals.

Nite_worler - the process isn't difficult just allow yourself plenty of time (took me about an hour and a half to do the first side but I spent a fair while skewering myself) and do it on a dry day! I also sat on a little camping stool when doing the doors as the height is perfect and it was more comfortable than kneeling on tarmac.  
The boot was simple - just look carefully at the new lock and put that together and take it apart once or twice to familiarise yourself with the workings so it will be easier on the car. And don't forget to take the big clip off that actually holds the boot lock in place, it just slides on/off and looks like a kind of portcullis.  

Take instructions with you and put 'em on the seat. And try not to let them blow away  Roll Eyes

Igntion next......

Cheers
IP Logged

Life after the Scorpio ain't easy..
Dave

Tourmallard 24v (ex-owner)

View Profile Email

« Reply #23 on: Jan 7th, 2005, 1:15pm »

Dum dum!

Done. Ignition barrel and PATS sorted.  

New problem: Ford dealers. ****s

9:00
We arrive and ask them to take note.
"Someone will be out with you shortly."

9:20
"Is he coming?"
"How should I know?"
"?"

10:00
"Seriously now, we have things to do. We're booked in for nine. What are you doing?"
She goes away and very quickly a man comes out and gets a bit confused, and then takes the car to the service bays. Yes. Five minute job, mate. Yep.

10:30
I go for a peek into the bay. Car is standing there doing nothing.  

10:45
"What the fupp are you doing?"
"Fifteen minutes more!"

And eventually. Two hours and twenty minutes from whence we arrived, we left, having paid £76 and waited TWO HOURS! For someone to press enter on a keyboard!

Ford get the job done, just very slowly. Painfully slowly. But they get it done. They get the parts you need. They do. They're not as bad as Volkswagen. I drove into VW in Manchester in the (and I stress this,) PRISTINE mark two Polo Coupe S (very rare), a salesman flagged me down, leant on my car, laughed and said "Here for parts?" ****.

As it happens I was, but for all he knew he could have lost a nice sale! Main dealers. ****s.

D***
IP Logged

Life after the Scorpio ain't easy..
johnv

Email

« Reply #24 on: Jan 7th, 2005, 7:15pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

so it took 2 hours and 20 mintues for Dave  to get the job done at your Ford Main Dealer.
God, you are just so lucky. you relly are.
I book my cars into my Main FORD Dealer five weeks in advance. when they have no other cars booked in.
So on the date, I take the car in at 06.30 am and put the keys into the drop off key letterbox.
So I phone at tea time, is my car ready. Back comes the reply, we not quite finished it yet.
So knowing they are lying, I say have you started it yet, after a silents, back comes the reply, not yet we been very busy.
It took then three days to put a starter motor on a Ford Transit MK 2 van. But they did not do it then, I took my van away and did it myself in 15 minutes. Its just so simply three bolts and its done standing up and leaning over.
Time after time they done the same, bearing in mind that I got four cars so four MOT four lots of servicing and four lots of repairs.
So over and over again they kept dumped me in favour of others.
I think this, I think that they respond to those that shout the loundest.
Still having had success in legal action against then for charging for work they had not done I having a go at them for breach of contract.
I hope someones not going to start all that about I am wrong and I won't get anywhere.  
Just wait and see, nothing is certain or course but at least a fine of £4000 plus £1700 costs under my belt don't half give me a nice feeling.
But, I still don't know why they should ban me from any further dealing with such a nice person as me?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.