Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 20th, 2024, 2:32pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Fuse box removal »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Fuse box removal
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Fuse box removal  (Read 419 times)
Kenboy

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

Fuse box removal
« on: Dec 18th, 2004, 8:08pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi guys you may have read my previous post on this subject I have decided to replace the fuse box that is the one next to the battery,Fords want nearly £300 to do this so I have so I have decided to have a bash myself I am having a fuse box delivered on Tuesday, now the in the meantime I should like to remove the old fuse box in readiness, the question is how difficult is it to remove and what procedure would you suggest I know that once I have released the box I have to disconnect the various plugs, as they are all different fittings then I see no problem there but how do I release the box in the first place, excuse my ignorance but there is no information on the W/shop manual disc.
your help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards Kenboy
IP Logged
colinw

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

Re: Fuse box removal
« Reply #1 on: Dec 18th, 2004, 8:38pm »

there are some details on main site ,but from what i remember when i did mine ,disconnect battery ,make sure you have code for radio, remove fuse cover and there are a cuople of screws ,once undone you can lift out box enough to remove cables ,should be about an hour tops ,but why if you are going to remove it first dont you try rebuilding it a simple job and will save you £££££
Colin
IP Logged
Kenboy

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Dec 18th, 2004, 10:01pm »

Hi Colin thanks for the advice, as far as rebuilding the fuse box I simply do not have the confidence plus the fuse box I am getting is only going to cost me £50 I did read on the site  some one rebuilt there own and it took 5hrs to do but what I will do once I successfully replace, then I may have a go at rebuilding just out of curiosity anyway many thanks.

Kenboy
IP Logged
colinw

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Dec 19th, 2004, 8:16am »

Thats fine i was just looking at hopefully saving you some dosh ,maybe i shoundnt say this but i beleive the instructions on site make the job look a bit more difficult than it really is ,i know the first time i had mine out and stripped rebuilt back in and running in less than 2 hours ,as you have nothing to lose once yours is replaced have a go at it just to see ,might give you something to do after opening the pressies and stuffing all that turkey down on the 25th !!!
good luck with it  
Colin
IP Logged
john.n

I love my cossie

View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 19th, 2004, 9:29am »

I also did one and found the hardest part was actually putting the plugs back on when reinstalling. There is a small amount of give in the cables and i suggest you give them a bit of a tug before you try fitting the new one. john.n Wink
IP Logged
Paulio

1996 24v V6

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Dec 19th, 2004, 10:19pm »

Im in the same place at the mo, it isn't that complicated but is a bit fiddley. I haven't re attached mine yet so im not 100% i it willl work yet but it was sopping wet. Sad
IP Logged
EinA

1996 Scorpio 2.9 24V LPG

View Profile Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 20th, 2004, 6:09pm »

Just a general question about wet fuses boxes,

Is there no non-conducting spray/grease/whatever to waterproof the fuse box Huh
IP Logged
john.n

I love my cossie

View Profile Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 21st, 2004, 8:05pm »

In a word no! The best protection is the cover, without it water runs of the scuttle, bonnet etc straight into it. I had one with  a half inch of water in it. john.n Huh
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.