Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 20th, 2024, 4:17pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Confirm locking with remote. »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Confirm locking with remote.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Confirm locking with remote.  (Read 421 times)
stigrolf

2 Identical ultima, Xenon converted.

View Profile Email

Confirm locking with remote.
« on: Jan 1st, 2005, 1:38pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi and sorry for bad english.
I have a 97 ford ultima 2,3 16v 140000 km
When i lock it with the remote or key, i dont get any confirming from the turn signals at once, but if i push lock button 3 times i get confirming. when i lock up i dont get any confirming. I have been looking arond this forum and i didnt find any answers so i hope that anyone has experied the same problem, and hopufully had find solution for it.
Thanks from sweden.
/Ronny
IP Logged
ADroste

S-Type 2.7D SE 2008 replaced Scorpio 2.3 Ult.1998

View Profile Email

Re: Confirm locking with remote.
« Reply #1 on: Jan 1st, 2005, 2:27pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Ronny,
if you search the forum as well as the main page for "Global closing" or "Double lock" you will get a lot of answers to your question, because this is a topic, which was addressed already very often.

1) The behaiviour of your system is correct.

2) Activation of the indicators after single or double lock is a country specific feature.  It seems possible to get a confirmation already after single locking if your FMD does a software change via his WDS.

3) But I don't think that very much forum members have done such a reprogramming, because it is not cheap, and a very nice alternative is available. It generally is called "Global Closing Mod " and is designed and build by Steve Collister.  I suspect that the description of this DIY modification has gone with the big server crash in 2004. So here a short summary: a) Indicator and sound confirmation after single and double lock, and after unlocking, b) locking if the car has reached a certain speed (Lock-on-Go), c) opening and closing of all windows and sunroof via remote. I have mine installed currently without the "Lock on Go" feature. But even now I am impressed by the additional functionality, and I think the Kit is worth its 70 pounds.

A happy new year from Germany to you and all readers
Armin

IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.