Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 1st, 2024, 4:18pm

Balance: £6.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Sunroof & Tailgate Lock Problem »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Problems
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Baz, Simmo)
   Sunroof & Tailgate Lock Problem
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Sunroof & Tailgate Lock Problem  (Read 534 times)
Fitzy

WILMAAAAAAA !!!!!!!!!!!!

View Profile Email

Sunroof & Tailgate Lock Problem
« on: Jan 7th, 2005, 4:40pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi Everyone

I Have a couple of problems i need your expertise on, firstly my tailgate has suddenly got a mind of its own, without touching the remote or the button on the tailgate it decides to open itself and when i go to close it, it just keeps going through the unlocking cycle again and will not stay closed at all just opening itself again and again, you can hear the tailgate motor whirring and whirring.  Could this mean a new motor or lock or is it a wiring fault, has anyone else experianced this problem?

Second problem is with the sunroof, now  i have been having some problems with the lock & go mod i fitted a few months ago, when i unlock the car by only pressing the unlock button once only it decides to utilise the global opening feature which can be a pain when it is raining, now Steve Collister has been a real gentleman with this and will replace my box with a new one when i return it to him (now thats what you call real service from a great guy).  Now sometime between parking the car up yesterday at around 4pm and going to work at 5:30 am this morning the mod had opened all the windows and sunroof and as it had been drizzling all night the interior was slightly damp and very cold, when i tried to close the sunroof it got nearly to the end of its travel when it made a loud click/whirring noise like the cogs were slipping, finally with a help from me pushing with one hand while pressing the button it closed all the way up.

But now it will not open at all not even tilt works just get the loud clicking/whirring noise, i have removed the motor and this works fine in both directions and the plastic cog/splines looks ok with no splines damaged, its as though the mechanism that runs from the metal cog in the roof has either seized up or broken (but i don't think it has broken).  Would i be able to put a manual handle on the spindle and open it to grease or oil it or will it need to be removed completely to be greased or even replaced? (either the motor or complete sunroof assembly).  Again has anyone else had this problem?

All advise will be greatly appreciated.

Fitzy   Wink Grin Wink

p.s. sorry for the long winded post.
IP Logged

DON'T KNOW HOW OR WHY I DO IT......BUT I LOVE IT...........
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.